Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
*Russia: After an Ammunition Explosion, the Missile Cruise Ship Moskva Was Severely Damaged — Interfax.
*Russia: The Crew of the Moskva Has Been Evacuated and the Cause of the Fire That Triggered the Explosion Is Being Investigated — Interfax. ~25mins ago
https://www.interfax.ru/russia/834853
Wow Moskva (translates to Moscow) the flagship of the black sea fleet....... Quite the embarrassment for Putin!

Caporegime
Wow Moskva (translates to Moscow) the flagship of the black sea fleet....... Quite the embarrassment for Putin!

Also weakens the black sea fleet significantly, that thing had a bunch of S300 launchers on board in addition to a load of anti-ship missiles etc..

The rest of the fleet are some frigates, patrol boats and amphibious landing ships. The frigates have rather old and shorter-range surface-to-air missiles... I wonder how many of those Turkish drones the Ukrainians have left or indeed all the other options they may now have to attack other Russian ships.

Amphibious landings would be rather more difficult now to say the least!

Caporegime
My worry now is this threat to Kyiv, the Russians claimed they'd previously held off attacking the very centre, I guess they previously wanted to capture or kill Zelensky or a few others but leave the buildings intact and/or possibly make use of some insiders.

Now they're threatening to attack it, presumably with ballistic missiles, in response to apparent attacks within Russia, this sort of thing with the ship might also push them towards doing that I guess?

Soldato
My worry now is this threat to Kyiv, the Russians claimed they'd previously held off attacking the very centre, I guess they previously wanted to capture or kill Zelensky or a few others but leave the buildings intact and/or possibly make use of some insiders.

Now they're threatening to attack it, presumably with ballistic missiles, in response to apparent attacks within Russia, this sort of thing with the ship might also push them towards doing that I guess?

What attacks in Russia? It sounds like they're just butthurt they lost their flagship of the Black Sea, guess the Russian army will have to use Putin's yacht now!

Soldato
Must have left the chip pan on.

Interesting article in Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davida...skva-dominates-the-black-sea/?sh=5fd93c0b75e5

Not too many as it turns out, tbh the people onboard the ship probably never expected to get hit.

Wonder if Ukraine can somehow capitalise on the loss of fleet air cover.

That's the weird thing. We've been hearing for years how ships like this are impenetrable fortresses they have so many anti missle and anti bomb tech on board that any attack would be instantly repelled and yet 2 Neptune missles had no problem destroying this ship

I'm starting to think much of what gets said about military force capabilities around the world is pure propaganda. It's the same thing with their tanks! We were told T-90s were impossible to take out with a rpg/javelin/nlaw because of their anti missle systems yet no such thing even exists! The Russians have been using cardboard boxes to fool the west into believing they have anti missle systems! Cardboard freakin eggshell boxes!!

Caporegime
What attacks in Russia? It sounds like they're just butthurt they lost their flagship of the Black Sea, guess the Russian army will have to use Putin's yacht now!

Eh? Nope, not unless they have a time machine, this was before the cruiser was attacked.

There have been a few attacks in Russia, they're referring to those. Helicopter raid, ballistic missile strike, other reports of railway damage etc..

If they are saying they've evacuated it then I would imagine it's on its way to Davy Jones locker.

C4BBxE3.png

Sgarrista
Commissario
Reports suggesting they distracted it with a Bayraktar and a Neptune missile hit the port side causing a fire and for it to roll onto the side.

If theyve really done the Russian flagship like that then.... oh boy... embarrassing...

Soldato
*Australia Added Sanctions on Russian State-Owned Enterprises
*Australia Sanctions Target 14 Russian State-Owned Enterprises — BBG

Caporegime
Reports suggesting they distracted it with a Bayraktar and a Neptune missile hit the port side causing a fire and for it to roll onto the side.

If theyve really done the Russian flagship like that then.... oh boy... embarrassing...

Yeah saw that too, interesting, it has a bunch of S300 missiles etc.. so in theory, can target a wide area but it's got a naff radar set up and can only track one target at a time...

Hope the Bayraktar can be used in the future to actually target some of the other ships now the main source of air defence for the Russian Black Sea fleet has been apparently sunk!

Soldato
If it really has sunk, my god that’s embarrassing…..:cry::cry:

I imagine Putin will take that pretty personally, I wonder if he’ll retaliate by doing something hellish we haven’t seen yet?

Awesome work by Ukraine though!

Soldato
Breaks my heart seeing the destruction, death and despair that Russia has brought to the people of Ukraine with this monstrous war.

I don't believe in a heaven or hell, but if there is, then surely the perpetrators of this atrocity deserve an infinity of existence in the ninth circle.

Caporegime
This was before they lost their flagship cruiser, I have a little worry it could get nuclear

There is the risk of a tactical nuke but beyond that, I think they're still reasonably strict re: use of nuclear weapons.

That is worrying though, I think, despite the atrocities we've seen, they have tried (sort of, by their standards) to avoid some targets and so this sort of order perhaps means having artillery, air force etc.. attempt to go all out with no care for what they're hitting and just destroy infrastructure etc..

Man of Honour
Was just reading that - one way or another this situation is only just beginning in reality though it has been going on for nearly 50 days now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom