Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
The West has been suffering from a long list of poor leaders from both sides of the isle for far too long, countries with agenda/ambitions will have been waiting and gauging our responses, did we go anything when Russia invade Georgia or the first Ukraine invasion, did we do anything when they started using radioactive stuff to kill people in the UK?

I think Russia partially done this as Biden and by extension the USA just looked weak as ****, the yanks have spent 4 years demonizing half their population, dividing them and Biden himself just looked like a man with no lights on. There is nothing to unify then and no seems to want too.

All dictators are gamblers and like all gamblers Putin kept doubling down till he got push back and now here we are, 30 years of inaction has lead us to this.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Azov Brigade was/is in the Ukrainian Armed Forces though, made up of Neo Nazis and paid for by the Ukrainian government - not just there as volunteers, you do acknowledge that?

And Russia's nazi problem?

The Azov Brigade came about from the 2014 invasion, ultra nationalists are drawn to things like their country being invaded, what is Russia's excuse because no one is invading them.

Associate
And Russia's nazi problem?

The Azov Brigade came about from the 2014 invasion, ultra nationalists are drawn to things like their country being invaded, what is Russia's excuse because no one is invading them.
yup the 2500 at most Azov brigade is all he has to proclaim the whole of Ukraine are Nazis, it's boring altho I'm sure he has an RNU poster on his wall.

Soldato
We already have war war, what do you think Tuckers jaw jaw is going to bring to the table, that doesn't already have every diplomatic channel open to already, if it's relevant to ending the war?

At this stage, and knowing who Tucker is, it's just purely a propaganda coup for Putin, to be able to push the innocent Russia bad West narrative to the schmucks over here that lap it up for some reason.
I think it will show him up for what he is, IF the interview is done right.

I'm hoping that Tucker will put some pressure questions to him though. If it ends up being a sycophantic interview then I agree it would be a waste of time.

Soldato
Ukraine is running out of shells now, not just bullets.

The West had endless amounts of money for two failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but offers mere pennies to prevent the march of Russia into Eastern Europe. Absolute madness.

What is madness is when all these leaders come out and say ' we have you Ukraine ' or ' we can never allow Russia to win, no matter what '

Then proceed to send nothing....

As usual, all talk.

Soldato
To give some context to level of support for 'Neo Nazi's' have in Ukraine, at the last Parliament election Svoboda who are far right Ukrainian nationalists got just over 2% of the vote. In the same year the Brexit party which was basically UKIP rebranded whilst not an out right neo Nazi group stood for election and received pretty much the same vote share but then again Britain doesn't have lands occupied by foreign powers.

Soldato
Ukraine is running out of shells now, not just bullets.

The West had endless amounts of money for two failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but offers mere pennies to prevent the march of Russia into Eastern Europe. Absolute madness.
It's a sad state of affairs but the reality is wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are not the same in terms of how the conflicts are being fought. Everyone has been caught by surprise at just how rapidly prolonged conventional fighting can quickly eat away at stockpiles and it's only now we are finding out there's a shortage of explosive charge powder which is preventing us from manufacturing new shells. Ukraine is using drones to close the gap but the drones require clear skys in order to be effective, the recent weather in eastern Ukraine has given the Russian's cover to move forwards unopposed.

Caporegime
It's a sad state of affairs but the reality is wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are not the same in terms of how the conflicts are being fought. Everyone has been caught by surprise at just how rapidly prolonged conventional fighting can quickly eat away at stockpiles and it's only now we are finding out there's a shortage of explosive charge powder which is preventing us from manufacturing new shells. Ukraine is using drones to close the gap but the drones require clear skys in order to be effective, the recent weather in eastern Ukraine has given the Russian's cover to move forwards unopposed.

We have the arms. We have the money. We can help Ukraine properly. What's missing is the political will.

Soldato
One thing tucker got right was that this will effect the world and future generations in the west, not for supporting Ukraine but for not supporting them enough.

Putin gamble of the west's short term thinking was bang on, coupled with politicians on his payroll and others scared of upsetting him if he waved his nuke willy around.

Soldato
We need to find a way to get to the negotiation table.

It might need NATO/European countries to set a deadline for Russia to withdraw back to its border. Similarly how we did with the Nazis in WW2 with Poland.

This current situation is unsustainable. I suspect it's designed to drain Russian resources. Though it is doing it at the expense of Ukrainian lives.

Soldato
We need to find a way to get to the negotiation table.

It might need NATO/European countries to set a deadline for Russia to withdraw back to its border. Similarly how we did with the Nazis in WW2 with Poland.

This current situation is unsustainable. I suspect it's designed to drain Russian resources. Though it is doing it at the expense of Ukrainian lives.

Not going to happen, it's better to supply Ukraine with enough material so they can actually win, Russia isn't going to negotiate anything when it thinks it can gain more by continuing.

In the end there will have to be peace negotiations, but currently this puts Ukraine on the back foot as Russia still occupies quite a lot of territory.

In my view, Ukraine would really need to push Russia further back before seeking peace, for that they need ammo and weaponry.

P.S. EU/NATO threatening to join in won't go down well unless we're willing to entertain the possibility Russia would counter by threatening nukes, that is a big test of resolve. It's clear the supply of weapons and ammo to Ukraine hasn't caused this card to be played, but intervention into the conflict more directly may have consequences.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Drones are a poor substitute for dropping dozens of rounds of 155mm and without air-support it is largely going to decide who is and who isn't making gains.

To support any kind of forward movement under these circumstances you need to keep the other side's heads down using artillery and rockets especially so as to be able to work on minefields, etc. Russia pretty much stalled once they'd actually run into supply constraints and have seen a little resurgence in recent days as new stocks seem to be trickling in especially as Ukraine's supplies seem to be drying up at the same time.

Soldato
Not going to happen, it's better to supply Ukraine with enough material so they can actually win, Russia isn't going to negotiate anything when it thinks it can gain more by continuing.

In the end there will have to be peace negotiations, but currently this puts Ukraine on the back foot as Russia still occupies quite a lot of territory.

In my view, Ukraine would really need to push Russia further back before seeking peace, for that they need ammo and weaponry.

P.S. EU/NATO threatening to join in won't go down well unless we're willing to entertain the possibility Russia would counter by threatening nukes, that is a big test of resolve. It's clear the supply of weapons and ammo to Ukraine hasn't caused this card to be played, but intervention into the conflict more directly may have consequences.
I hear what you're saying. But I'm trying to think when as supplying countries at war with munitions ever worked, without eventually the supplier having to join in at the end?

Associate
We have the arms. We have the money. We can help Ukraine properly. What's missing is the political will.

If you listen to most commentators on the subject, you'll get told that stockpiles of ammunition are runningh low, and some countries are actually holding them back for their own use. Money can't just magic up the weapons and ammo needed. Realistically, Ukraine's biggest problem is soldiers on the ground, against a Russian force that is still far more greater than them. I fear that this conflict will very much end up in Russia's favour, as I just don't think Ukraine has the numbers.

Soldato
I hear what you're saying. But I'm trying to think when as supplying countries at war with munitions ever worked, without eventually the supplier having to join in at the end?

Plenty of proxy wars were fought through the cold war without the superpowers joining in.

Russia vs Afghanistan is just one that springs to mind.

Man of Honour

Problem is, well look at Japan when their backs where to the wall due to be starved out, there is an inflection point where Russia will have to make a decision to go one way or the other either standing down or doubling down into a bigger war.

People talk as if peace time economics are some kind of barrier to Russia rearming for a bigger war and going on a larger, even if ultimately failed, offensive, but they are not - again an example being Japan in WW2 - their economy was strained to breaking point, dwindling domestic reserves, they themselves projected they were unlikely to be able to win against the US, but they still went for it and the US was poorly prepared for it, while not the primary reason but as much as anything because they banked on the Japanese not being able to afford such a war.

Russia still has the cash reserves should they use them to fund a full mobilisation, they still have the resources and man power to rearm, we might be better able to see it coming these days but that doesn't meant we'll react appropriately and timely enough, Russia have an advantage in that things like health and safety concerns or labour regulations will go out the window long before they will in the West when it comes to how rapidly they can rearm.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The West has been suffering from a long list of poor leaders from both sides of the isle for far too long, countries with agenda/ambitions will have been waiting and gauging our responses, did we go anything when Russia invade Georgia or the first Ukraine invasion, did we do anything when they started using radioactive stuff to kill people in the UK?

I think Russia partially done this as Biden and by extension the USA just looked weak as ****, the yanks have spent 4 years demonizing half their population, dividing them and Biden himself just looked like a man with no lights on. There is nothing to unify then and no seems to want too.

All dictators are gamblers and like all gamblers Putin kept doubling down till he got push back and now here we are, 30 years of inaction has lead us to this.
Whose currently blocking bipartisan bills in Congress merely to keep it a hot issue for the election?

You talk as if it's one side that's bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom