Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You literally cited sources you hadn't watched to make a point based on reading a headline.

Said video showed your point to be incorrect. You proved yourself posting misinformation.

A headline? Misinformation. I read the whole article then linked the video the article was referring to. This isn't even difficult stuff. Just stop posting utter rubbish and I'll stop replying.

Soldato
Correct. And @Rroff pointed out it did not support your point.

At best, error in citation. At worst, misinformation.

This isn't even difficult stuff.

Ok, so I did read the whole article, not just the headline like you said.

Here's a separate article, it's in Ukrainian but Google translate works fine.

"Johnson brought two simple messages to Kyiv: Putin is a war criminal, he should be suppressed, not negotiated with. And secondly, if you are ready to sign any agreements on guarantees with him, then we are not. We can with you, but not with him, he will still abandon everyone ," one of Zelenskyi's close associates summarizes the essence of Johnson's visit.

Just three days after Johnson, the lucky owner of the Vasylkiv rooster , flew back to Misty Albion, Putin went public and declared that the negotiations with Ukraine "have come to an impasse."

It would seem on the face of it likely Boris did put a word in Zelenskys ear about those negotiations, but since none of us were at that meeting, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

277806440_512249537142099_8517726822478665131_n.jpg

All the evidence would suggest it, but what the hell, maybe not, eh?

Last edited:
Associate
It's important to call out disinformation and hold people to account otherwise other people who are browsing this thread might take what is being said as fact.

The reason for this is that in a thread discussing important factual matters such as this it's always important to call out and correct misinformation when it's posted. Otherwise if people just ignore it or the posters producing it then it will stay there uncorrected and be easily findable by people searching Google, or the forum or just browsing the thread. In recent times failure to challenge misinformation and fake news has become one of the biggest contributors to it's spread.

Obviously some posters are incorrect more frequently than others, hence why some have numerous replies from people correcting their misinformation/fake news.
If someone is repeatedly posting misinformation to the point that it is dominating the forum then moderators should do something about said person.

Soldato
Ok, so I did read the whole article, not just the headline like you said.

Here's a separate article, it's in Ukrainian but Google translate works fine.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/articles/2022/05/5/7344096/

It would seem on the face of it likely Boris did put a word in Zelenskys ear about those negotiations, but since none of us were at that meeting, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

277806440_512249537142099_8517726822478665131_n.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-62998067

All the evidence would suggest it, but what the hell, maybe not, eh?

However it was essentially right - you can't trust Putin's word as part of negotiations.

Soldato
Old mate is challenging Rutte for the NATO leadership. I hope he wins, not just because it'll be the first time Romania has done something positive for Europe, but because it's time for NATO to start taking Eastern Europe seriously.

The Romans certainly aren’t naive about Russia, but apart from one guy in West Yorkshire who is today?

Soldato
If someone is repeatedly posting misinformation to the point that it is dominating the forum then moderators should do something about said person.

Maybe you should open a thread in the moderator forum instead of spamming this thread with rubbish

Last edited:
Associate
I said this before, but they think that they have to represent the other side. It is controlled by musk's wannabes and spread the **** is okay. In other places you get banned, but oh no not here.
I believe that them posts are being made by AI 5G and being rephrased every so often.
Also you aren't able to argue the right point as you would be dragged down and beaten with experience. Really saddening.

Last edited:
Soldato
The mods are aware of the issue, however their solution is for everyone else in the thread to put the unnamed someone on ignore. Which would be fine in say a FIFA thread but not in one like this for the reasons people have mentioned covering the spread of misinformation/false news.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom