Under investigation at work

Soldato
Up until 3 months ago, the individual was tagging me and others in vulgar and threatening tweets. Obviously we weren't responding and were blocking him. He would make other accounts and continue to intimidate and harass us. We notified the company who offered us support but couldn't actually do anything. We spoke to the police who also said it is very difficult as he isn't actually threatening us directly and his tweets are very cleverly written and could actually be read in several ways.

However, 3 months ago, he tweeted several times tagging the company. This is obviously bad publicity for the company and they took the appropiate actions which lead to his account closure and a solicitors letter. I haven't heard or seen any tweets since, but now I've sparked things off by accidentally texting/sending a photo to him.

You've answered your own concern then.

They know what the ex-employee is like. They'll have to investigate and take statements to be official about it. Nothing will come of it other than staff being told to delete and block all communication channels with the ex-employee.

Soldato
We both said, for 3 years this Inidivudal has harrased us directly and indirectly, threatened us and intimidated us. Even to the point where the company had the Individual suspended off Twitter and has two of us working nights together as a precaution. Yet nothing was ever officially sorted and we were told to ignore the said individual. But when this accident happened, which is the only time anybody has made contact since their dismissal, the victims are now under investigation.
Slightly confused because here you said they harassed you directly and indirectly but in another post said the police couldn't do anything as wasn't threatening as carefully worded. Only mentioning this as the quoted post makes me think that the police should have been informed and done something about it. They should then have spoken to the individual, given a warning maybe, as harassment of this kind are usually taken reasonably serious, especially as the company tried to protect you when working later shifts (so must have been concerned).
Anyway, unfortunate events but hope it works out okay and from what is posted here I think you'll be fine. Just delete all contact information!

Associate
Guys,

Advice needed, please. Went on a retirement doo for my old boss, we were talking about an ex employee that was fired 3 years ago for gross misconduct. At that time and after copious amounts of alcohol, we began to read through the barrage of abusive texts he had sent us through WhatsApp. One of my colleagues drunkenly grabbed the phone to read and accidentally knocked the camera button to take a selfie. When handing it back, rather than discarding the taken selfie, it was accidentally sent. It happened so quickly and was like something out of an American Pie film, it sounds and felt so far fetched. We never thought much about it as WhatsApp popped up with an encryption message and we assumed the individual was blocked, meaning the photo couldn't be sent. The following day, I received a barrage of abusive texts and missed calls from the individual. I immediately checked if they were blocked, which they weren't and I made sure they were.

I spoke with the union who said to leave it as the photo wasn't abusive and they are no longer employed by the company. 3 weeks later, HR are now investigating the matter due to the individual complaining to the company. The investigation is tomorrow, but I am wondering where I stand with this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

T_IT

Sounds like nothing to do with work.

Back
Top Bottom