• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unigine Heaven 4 benchmark

Soldato
Not very happy wiht my GTX1080ti SLI results. Could it be that using an old ribbon SLI bridge is causing me issues? Would a HB bridge make a difference?

00004.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Not very happy wiht my GTX1080ti SLI results. Could it be that using an old ribbon SLI bridge is causing me issues? Would a HB bridge make a difference?

00004.jpg

With 2 cards you need to overclock the CPU as high as it will go for this bench.

A HB bridge will help in some benches/games too.

If you want your score to count for the scoreboard you need to post over the cobblestones.

Soldato
Well I don't know what the issue is that your having but I do know that getting an HB SLi bridge isn't going to solve it because as I said they're only needed for extreme resolution gaming.

Soldato
Thermal throttling isn't an issue, they are watercooled and are not breaking 40 degrees on the core.

As for the slots, I'm using slot 1 and slot 3, which is what my manual for my motherboard says to use, and thats what IU was using for my GTX 980 SLI fine. I have the OC-PEG connector plugged in aswell, which gives PCI-E extra powerr stability (mother board is X99-SCO Champion)

both cards are running at PCIe x16 3.0

No issues with the card setup that I can see. (this was running valley on loop)

sli1.JPG

sli2.JPG

Soldato
Thermal throttling isn't an issue, they are watercooled and are not breaking 40 degrees on the core.

As for the slots, I'm using slot 1 and slot 3, which is what my manual for my motherboard says to use, and thats what IU was using for my GTX 980 SLI fine. I have the OC-PEG connector plugged in aswell, which gives PCI-E extra powerr stability (mother board is X99-SCO Champion)

sli1.JPG

sli2.JPG

Looks like Vsync

Associate

sli1.JPG

sli2.JPG
When I'm running that bench with a single 1080 Ti there's instances of where my gpu isn't at 99% usage simply because of the high framerate. Run this bench at 1440p or 4k and you'll see what sli can do :)

Soldato
There's not 99% though and there's 40%... potentially v/gsync or it's capping at 60frames in windowed. Shadowplay off also... seems like the GPU usage is low for that test though.

Back
Top Bottom