Poll: United States Grand Prix 2017, Austin - Race 17/20

Rate the 2017 USA Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Wants fans to boycott next years US GP :o

I really don't believe he meant it the way it came out - he's ranting and english is not his first language. He put the sentence together in a really awkward way and (in common with a lot of the uk) messed up the double negative.

I think what he meant to say he hoped the spoiled ending didn't put people off coming next year.

Caporegime
I really don't believe he meant it the way it came out - he's ranting and english is not his first language. He put the sentence together in a really awkward way and (in common with a lot of the uk) messed up the double negative.

I think what he meant to say he hoped the spoiled ending didn't put people off coming next year.

I find it difficult to see how that could be what he meant, even allowing for being his second language. However, he doesn't sound angry enough to say something so stupid so perhaps? Maybe? I dunno. I'd have thought he'd have issued a statement clarifying by now if that was the case.

Soldato

He very clearly meant he wanted the stewards/FIA to see what their 'idiot' decision making does and hoped no one turns up next year because they're so put off by the idiocy. It's not meant in a literal sense, just a "I hope they see what they've done".

Soldato
See on Autosport that Horner is now spouting off about how this snap decision was all because of the post-race penalty "debacle" in Mexico last year, totally ignoring the fact that Verstappen again clearly cut the track and cheated.

I despair of this moron.

Soldato
Good. It was completely unacceptable for him to comment in that manner, angry or not. The correctness or otherwise of the decision is irrelevant.

If Vettel can not get a penitently for telling Charlie to "intercourse off" then Verstappen should definitely not get anything for calling someone a idoit. Then again hes not a Ferrari driver so he properly be banned for a race or two.

https://youtu.be/9BFx_VQ6ZNM

Caporegime
Verstappen looks a decent talent but he's showing his age there, bit of a temper tantrum.

This kind of comment always cracks me up. Horner who is what, pushing 50, over 50, had a similar 'tantrum' so how is Max showing his age? Alonso with GP2 engine, 30+ year old drivers getting out of a car after a crash and punching each other, Vettel in Baku.. when the perceived thing Hamilton did... didn't even actually happen, just Vettel himself making a mistake in judgement and blaming Hamilton for it.

Humans react and Verstappen didn't even have a tantrum, did you watch the tv, did you see him react or throw anything in the green room or smile and walk out quietly? Hamilton handed Rosberg a hat.. yes of all the horrible things and Rosberg threw it back at him. But Verstappen, for later on calling a steward and idiot is showing his age because older people never act out?

It's almost like when people decide they don't like someone, they find any old stupid reason to have a pop at that person whenever they can.

It's no different to Massa, Verstappen makes a mistake in a race, Massa bangs on about him being young and having to learn... while one of the oldest drivers in F1 continues to make the same mistakes he did as when he was young because he's not learned anything. He's a hypocrite in two ways, he's saying young drivers make mistakes and saying he needs to learn, when Massa is old and makes worse mistakes and he's never managed to learn himself.

As for others, it's unacceptable to call people an idiot... give over, seriously? Also as it turns out, this same steward seems to have an unhealthy history of penalising Max and it appears other dutch drivers for a long period of time, more so than anyone else. This same steward went to Mercedes and encouraged Toto and Lauda after a race had long since finished to lodge a complaint. Something many people said at the time was completely and utterly inappropriate for a steward to do and that stewards haven't done before. As Horner also said, after a poor decision last year there was promise that such decisions would not be rushed again without consulting the teams and drivers and yet despite that promise once again it appears a guy with a bit of a vendetta against Verstappen pushed for an immediate penalty going against a promise made to the teams to not apply penalties in that manor.

Soldato
As Horner also said, after a poor decision last year there was promise that such decisions would not be rushed again without consulting the teams and drivers and yet despite that promise once again it appears a guy with a bit of a vendetta against Verstappen pushed for an immediate penalty going against a promise made to the teams to not apply penalties in that manor.

What poor decision last year? Horner was bleating on about Mexico where both Verstappen and Vettel's penalties were fully deserved. That Horner and Verstappen are still bleating on about it a year later speaks volumes.

Soldato
...there was promise that such decisions would not be rushed again without consulting the teams and drivers and yet despite that promise once again it appears a guy with a bit of a vendetta against Verstappen pushed for an immediate penalty going against a promise made to the teams to not apply penalties in that manor.

Except there was nothing to consult on for this action. No need to hear from either driver or team - the evidence was clear.

Back
Top Bottom