• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unlock your ATI 6950 to a 6970 Thread

Caporegime
OP
Do you have any evidence to back up that it wont?
When new drivers are released that might increase performance at the cost of more power?
What about when they fully enable voltage tweaking to improve overclocks?
Maybe not now, what about 9 months down the line?

W1zzard did some through Power testing and concluded it shouldn't be an issue.

At the end of the day overclocking is a risk if there are issues and we will find out in a few weeks I would have thought then I will just flash back to 6950 Bios.

Caporegime
OP
i flashed mine with a asus oc 6970 bios
captureclx.png

Sweet let me know hoe she clocks. :D

Caporegime
OP
Assuming it doesn't cause any damage.
This is the thing, it might take time before we really know, but the longer we wait the greater the chance AMD stop it being possible.
Then I'm left with a 6950 (or 2) that I don't want.

Ya big girl!

Just get a 6970 and be done with it then. I no longer want this thread derailed with insecurities.And should I? Or shouldn't I ? Posts

Thanks

Caporegime
OP
It does it sometimes and not others.

I got green lined flickering across the screen and green snow, which made me think to drop the memory clock 25mhz. I did and it is fine. I then put it back to stock 6970 (still with +20% of course) and it ran fine. Strange...

Perhaps we need a 6970 bios that we can put +20% on yet with a 1350mhz clock for the ram?

I have to visit relatives now but will post later on :).

What did you use to drop the ram 25mhz as it wont let me do it CCC

Back
Top Bottom