• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unlock your ATI 6950 to a 6970 Thread

Soldato
Hi forum,

Took the plunge and bought two 6950 saphire toxics so hopefully this will be easy and
All I need to do is flick the switch :)

helps to read the posts above yours as this has been answered, its not like you have to read every single post in this thread just the last few.

Associate
Flashing 6950 to 6970 - Not sure and need help

Hey, I'm new to this so don't hate me for being wrong :/

I'm looking to flash my 6950 to a 6970. Mainly because, although my system is 3 days old and pretty good (specs below) I don't think I'm getting as good as I should be getting FPS wise on certain games.

Spec:

-Intel Core i5 Sandybridge 2500k 3.3ghz

-ATI HIS Radeon 6950 2Gb

-8Gb G.Skill Ripjaw X DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

-Asus P8H67 B3 Motherboard

-BFG 4 Rail 650w PSU

-Western Digital 2TB SATA3 6.0GB/s 64mb Cache Hard Drive

-Seagate Barracuda 500GB Unmonitored SATA 3.0GB/s

-Liteon 24x DVD/RW SATA3 Drive

-Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Extended Case in Black

-22" HD 1080P SyncMaster B2230

I have seen people (I think at stock settings) get a decent 30-50 fps on Crysis 2 @1080p On Ultra DX11 Vsync and High res on with a 6950. But I can barley get that on Extreme DX11 Vsync and High res pack off :/ I'm also getting quite low FPS on Metro 2033. Earlier today after just installing it. On DX11 4xMSAA and AAA on High @1080p, I was getting a good 45-90fps. I went off it for a while, came back on and it had dropped by more than a half. Just a bit concerned about not getting the right performance from this card.

Any ideas about low-ish fps. And whether flashing is a good idea?

Thanks, Chris

Associate
wouldnt let me, gave me all the bumpf about the picture not being representative of the actuall product, argued with them for a while and was getting no where,

Strangely enough though after I complained about it they changed all the details of the card I ordered on the site to the one they sent me,

Works fine though so its not end of the world :)

Can't type for toffee
Don
wouldnt let me, gave me all the bumpf about the picture not being representative of the actuall product, argued with them for a while and was getting no where,

Strangely enough though after I complained about it they changed all the details of the card I ordered on the site to the one they sent me,

Works fine though so its not end of the world :)

distance Selling Regulations, you can NOTIFY them you want to return the item within 7 days, you DO NOT have to return it within these 7 days tho. They also are not allwoed to chargea fee for this iirc. Interesting part of it however...

What Consumer? said:
Getting your money back

Under the distance selling regulations, you are quite within your rights to change your mind at any time within the first seven days, return the goods and get a full refund. This means without financial penalty of any kind – such as a cancellation charge or a ‘restocking’ fee. The supplier must also refund any delivery charges paid by you, and any other costs related to the contract. Refunds must be made within 30 days from cancellation, whether or not the goods have been sent back. Any related credit agreements will also cease to exist.

You may be required to pay to return the goods, but you must have been informed of this as part of the pre-contractual information. if the goods are faulty, then under Sale of Goods, the supplier will always bear the cost of returning them.

Returning the goods

Unless you are required to return the goods, and you were informed of this, your only obligations are to make the goods available for collection and to take reasonable care of them while they are in your possession. This is called a duty of care. Where the supplier has made provision to collect the goods, this duty of care expires after 21 days, but where you have agreed to return the goods, your duty of care continues until you do this and could be for as long as 6 months.

Packaging

Under a distance selling contract, a supplier cannot make refunds subject to the goods being returned unopened in their original packaging. One of the principles of the distance selling regulations is to give you a chance to examine the goods at home, not having had a chance to do so in the shop. It would be impossible for you to do this without opening the packaging and trying the product out. Having said this, you will still be under a duty to take reasonable care of the goods while in your possession, and may be subject to certain instructions such as not to wear shoes outdoors, or remove hygiene seals. But you can never be penalised simply because you did not return the goods in their original packaging.

Can't type for toffee
Don
All Ive done so far is backed up the Bios'es (Sp) using GPUz.
Not found out which way round the switches need to be but then again I've not really looked. Theyre both brand new and recent manufacture Im assuming, will check the boxes when I get home for a manufacture date.

Soldato
All Ive done so far is backed up the Bios'es (Sp) using GPUz.
Not found out which way round the switches need to be but then again I've not really looked. Theyre both brand new and recent manufacture Im assuming, will check the boxes when I get home for a manufacture date.

Ok I have mine plugged in. the switch is not for bios flashing I think. one way is GPU clock 850 the other is 880.

Soldato
can someone help with the below Sapphire toxic 6950 2gb

as per Clairvoyants first image before flash was the readings I had and ive moved the switch and I get the below?? are these ok??

h7b.png

GPU has jumped to 915 AND texture filtrate

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom