**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Soldato
AD08R's

Everywhere that sells these have 2 sets of this tyre, 1 dearer than the other but the exact same details on all the sites. Don't suppose either of you know why there is a dearer set? Guessing 1 set is softer than the other but no site explains this.

Cheers

One is probably the old AD08 and the more expensive is the AD08R?

Associate
Semi slicks.
If I'm using them on a dry track, with a spare set of wheels to take me home, is there any reason I can't keep using them until they're almost bald? I assume the performance might drop off due to less movement within the rubber but I don't personally know.

Caporegime
set of 4 of them is something like £300 in my 16" size, but I went with a cheaper option at £220 for some Michelins :p

I remember my polo was £120 for a set of whatever you wanted, Pirelli, Goodyear, Michelin..... 14" :D

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I need new tyres for my VTEC Mobile, currently I've some malasian crap on and it spins and understeers like mad in the wet...

From a bit of reading I did yesterday, I found these:
-Kumho Ecsta HS51
-Toyo Proxes CF2
-Continental ContiPremiumContact 5 Continental ContiPremiumContact 5
(a bit outside the budget)

Size: 195/55 R16

They're for a Civic 1.6 Sport, so nothing powerful neither fast. I just want a bit more grip in the wet and whilst at it something a bit quieter. I don't mind sacrificing the longevity for better grip though. :) Around £50 (+/- £10) per tyre sounds about right?

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Looks like I've the RainSport 3 at the back, the front's are Mayrun MR500 and the sizes are 205/55. Judging by the tread, I could get away with just buying 2 more rainsport 3's for the front. :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
PS4S rears seem to have better rim than the CSC6.
rps20171209_085049_511.jpg

Soldato
Had a tyre give up on me on the drive down to Southend last night and need a new tyre ASAP this morning. Kwik Fit stock one in the size I need but it's not a tyre I'd want.

Is there any easy way to find if someone has a tyre I want in the right size without phoning everyone in the area?

Soldato
Had my f1 Eagle asymmetric 2s for about 14months now and still a couple mm tread left, they are needing changing though due to lots of bits of steel being stuck in them (from work). Loved them for the first 6 months then noticed grip started to reduce. Longevity of these have been amazing compared to my continentals though. Not sure what to buy and if to go for these again.

Back
Top Bottom