**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Anyone with PS4S all round validate this experience?

I've done around 6hrs of motorway driving today and compared to the CSC6 (which in turn were noticeably quieter than the PSS and offered more grip in these type of weather conditions), they are quieter still, and more comfortable on all motorway surfaces. The rear end especially feels much more compliant. This is kinda weird since the sidewall of the CSC6 on the rear was more curved than the flatter sidewall of the PS4S. The front PS4S sidewalls are even flatter still.

I know the PS4S has a number of different compound types between inner, middle and outer treads, so perhaps this plays a roll in it?

Anyway, very impressive level of comfort, and the faster you go the more relaxing and compliant they get. Now instead of hearing tyre noise against tarmac when just cruising, I can hear the resonance of the air inside as the road noise echoes (in a good way).

So comfort/performance is certainly ticked off, I imagine they will only get better after a couple more hundred miles. Let's see how long they last.

Caporegime
I found my F1 no better on the noise side than my old ditch finders on the noise front. I have driven them about 70 miles on B roads so far, can't comment on handling as I was being super careful (on wet and cold roads but no snow), they are more comfortable though.

Part of me wish i should have just pony up for the PS4.

Soldato
Had a lolworthy quote from BMW for tyres (F34 was in anyway for a service so thought I'd ask) - £292 for CSC5 RFT....PER TYRE for 225/50/18

Ordered Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 instead for £128 per tyre (Camskill came through for me here) and will get it fitted myself, far cheaper than any of the 'easy' options like Kwik Fit/Blackcircles etc etc

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Aye runflats cost more anyway, and when you combine that with dealer prices of non rft, you get double the bending over the table treatment.

Associate
I have around 2.5mm left on my rears, so looking at changing soon. They're P-Zeros currently so not the greatest tyre anyway!

I can get PS4 for £149 fitted or AS3 for £128.50, I'm thinking the Goodyear is the smarter call? I can't really see a performance difference enough to justify a 16% premium over the AS3 for the PS4?

Associate
Oops. 16% longer. Haha

Perhaps they will, but from what I read the F1a3 isn't a particularly fast wearing tyre either?

I have no doubt the PS4 is a bit better, but it does seem a small difference. I'm not one to cheap out on car consumables provided they have a tangible and value benefit over alternatives

Soldato
Just replaced my Cup 2’s on the Cayman GT4 with PS4S’ and I’m very impressed. Dry grip in a straight line is identical, thus far I’ve not seen any significant difference in dry cornering, and wet performance is miles better.

Soldato
Hey guys, what's the tyre of choice these days? (Apologies for not reading the whole thread, but it's quite long) I want a good all rounder, all year round. Looks like Michelin PS4? Or PS4S?

Blackcircles then locally fitted still the easiest/best thing to do?

**EDIT** Oh, no PS4S for my front apparently? Back - 285/35 20 Front - 245/40 20

Any thoughts?

Soldato
Really enjoying my CSC6 on the RX8. These were rated better than the PSS I considered over a year ago. Still going strong but it would be a tough choice between these and the PS4S if I were deciding now.

Soldato
Hey guys, what's the tyre of choice these days? (Apologies for not reading the whole thread, but it's quite long) I want a good all rounder, all year round. Looks like Michelin PS4? Or PS4S?

Blackcircles then locally fitted still the easiest/best thing to do?

**EDIT** Oh, no PS4S for my front apparently? Back - 285/35 20 Front - 245/40 20

Any thoughts?

They definitely exist in your front fitment, and they're currently the best performance tyre. I would've thought something like a Continental SC6 would be better in current weather though.

Back
Top Bottom