**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Soldato
Costco are now offering vouchers with Michelin tyre purchases.

£50 for 4 tyres in 17/18", £75 for 19". Half the voucher value for 2 tyres. Smaller vouchers on offer for smaller tyres

Brings the PS4 to near enough £95 fitted per tyre.

Actually. . I can't find any information about this. Got a source?

Soldato
The monthly voucher leaflet that arrived in the post yesterday

Edit - offer goes live March 12th, that's probably why you can't find anything online
And it's Costco vouchers. Which sucks a little bit.
We are going today though to pick up some stuff, so may be OK. They would need to be cheaper than black circles £198 for the pair tho

Soldato
Actually it was £97 per tyre at Costco Coventry with the vouchers.

Black circles was £198 for two and the garage I'm having them fitted at is also going to change a track rod end and track my car at the same time with a further discount.

Oh and I just leave the car with them whilst I'm at work.

Happy with that

Soldato
205/50r16s, for a 850 T5. The Avon ZT7s on it currently are not the greatest, providing sub-par traction. Seen a sale (£67pw) on Hankook Ventus Prime 3s - which seems to have very good reviews, are they as good as the reviews suggest? Are there any alternatives? Also considered Vredstein Sportrac 5s, for £73pw, which seem to score similarly to the Hankooks on tyrereviews.co.uk and Bridgestone Turanza T001s at £77pw.

Only Conti I can get in my size is the now ancient PC2. Same story with Michelin, with PS3 being the only option there (and at £105pw). Don't trust Dunlop Sport FastReponse or BluResponse as unhappy with them on a much lower power car.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Can you get Pirelli P7s in that size? They're also a fairly old tyre, but I put them on my S90 and had no complaints.

Soldato
Only ever compared them against SportContact2 on the Golf but I found the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance to be very impressive, gripped better, wore better and gave better mpg. Really opened my eyes to how much tyre tech had moved on from when the SC2 was a top tier tyre.

Soldato
Can you get Pirelli P7s in that size? They're also a fairly old tyre, but I put them on my S90 and had no complaints.

Only ever compared them against SportContact2 on the Golf but I found the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance to be very impressive, gripped better, wore better and gave better mpg. Really opened my eyes to how much tyre tech had moved on from when the SC2 was a top tier tyre.

Thanks guys, but sadly neither are around in my size.

Soldato
Sat at ats having the PS4 placed on the rear axel.

He said my rainsports are half worn... Which is really bad considering they have under 5k on them lol

Associate
Got to give the PS4s a good blast yesterday now that they're bedded in and certainly a brilliant tyre, they seem to just cling on no matter what you throw at them, certainly more than enough for any road driving I'll be doing.

Associate
Hi all,

I'm a complete moron with this stuff, I have a 2013 Hyundai i20 and need to replace all of the tyres. I'd been told by a friend to get rather beefy and good quality tyres as it helps immensely with fuel consumption...is this remotely true?

Based on the above, I basically just want to get myself some suitable tyres. We have 36k mileage on the clock and generally drive very short distances around town, I figure that might factor into what tyres are best? No real budget, just want to get the best bang for buck, intend on driving the car until it explodes. Not sure what other factors may be relevant? Tend to be pretty safe drivers and aim for fuel efficiency above all else

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom