**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Soldato
Happy with the Dunlop's on mine (though as mentioned elsewhere not sure about wear yet) - they were £30 a corner cheaper in 18's than PS4 when I bought.

Cheers. Dunlops seem to be the same price (roughly) as the F1 AS3's, not sure what would be the better option here. Will have a look at some reviews. Thanks.

Soldato
Must be fun driving with tyres still coated in release compound :D

I was lucky enough to at least get 100 miles in on dry roads before this arrived, and I've only been out once in the car so far this week.

Nah I was only joking - they have been fine right from the get go. I'm sure now they've had a few miles put on them they will be even better. I had PS2's originally and was very impressed with them, despite being a 15 year old tyre. Hopefully these ones will blow me away!

Soldato
So got my Dunlop sportmaxx rt2 fitted. What a difference. Quieter, more grip, more stable. Well it isn't a surprise considering what sort of mishmash was on before.

Added bonus of hunter alignment it's made it more enjoyable to drive.

Soldato
Very very impressed with the performance of the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. I've only been able to drive with them in the wet and cold (4c) so far but they stick like glue! I know where the old PS2 tyre used to let go around certain roundabouts in the wet and the PS4S just clings on like nothing I've felt. I can only wonder how good they will be in the dry and/or warm.

Really want them on the rear now but still got about 5mm on the PS2s at the back.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
If a tyre is listed as */MOE I know MOE is for Merc but does the * represent BMW or should that be written as */BMW?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Thanks Fox :) asym 3s were 140 on blackcircles a week or so back but now out of stock, doh! Camskills got them for 150odd so not too bad I guess. Camskills are OK right? Nothing dodgy? Site is a - bit shall we say -outdated.

Soldato
Thanks Fox :) asym 3s were 140 on blackcircles a week or so back but now out of stock, doh! Camskills got them for 150odd so not too bad I guess. Camskills are OK right? Nothing dodgy? Site is a - bit shall we say -outdated.

I've used camskill almost exclusively for my tyres for the last 10+ years. Never had an issue with them, always seem the cheapest to me.

OcUK Staff
Not sure if posted here but finally a decent tyres test that actually compares the new F1AS3, PS4S and Pzero "PZ4" directly against each other:
https://www.caranddriver.com/features/2017-performance-summer-tire-test-feature

Good to know Michelin are still leading by a considerable margin in pretty much every area. My Jaaag had the new PZ4 Pzero's fitted and though they were not as unpredictable or laughable in the cold wet as the older original Pzero was on my Mustang, I could definitely feel that the PZ4 still had that sudden grip loss at limits of traction, thankfully with an AWD the car does a much better job at keeping things tidy than the Mustang did.

But when I removed my near new (6-7mm tread remaining) PZ4 Pzero tyres from my SVR and fitted PS4S the grip in these Winter cold wet conditions was transformed, talking a good few mph faster through corners, roundabouts etc. but when finally at the grip limits and beyond the tyre was simply far better behaved and more predictable, whereas the PZ4 just let go more sudden.

Is the Pzero PZ4 a bad tyre? NO! It is actually a very good tyre, it beats a lot of other premium performance tyres and is vastly superior to a lot of the budget crap on the market, but there are definitely better tyres than the Pzero, considerably better in cold wet conditions, which face it the UK is generally cold and wet a lot of the time. I will always go for Michelin and generally always MPSS or PS4S for their outright performance, but also because I like the fact they seem to last more than double the distance of competing tyres and generally cost no extra. I am aware their are now continentals with similar performance, but from the people I know who have had them, are now back in Michelin camp simply due to longevity being much better on the Michelins for no additional cost.

Soldato
£107 fitted at Costco at the moment

Costco are now offering vouchers with Michelin tyre purchases.

£50 for 4 tyres in 17/18", £75 for 19". Half the voucher value for 2 tyres. Smaller vouchers on offer for smaller tyres

Brings the PS4 to near enough £95 fitted per tyre.

Man of Honour
The SCT is 'Sound Comfort Technology':

Goodyear said:
Goodyear’s new “SoundComfort” technology features an open-cell polyurethane foam element attached to the inner surface of the tire. The technology dampens the Tire Cavity Resonance (TCR) sound peak, generated when the tire rolls over a surface, by up to 11dBA and enables an vehicle interior noise reduction of up to 4dB, making the vehicle cabin significantly quieter across a large range of vehicle speeds.

Soldato
Costco are now offering vouchers with Michelin tyre purchases.

£50 for 4 tyres in 17/18", £75 for 19". Half the voucher value for 2 tyres. Smaller vouchers on offer for smaller tyres

Brings the PS4 to near enough £95 fitted per tyre.

Perfect.

I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom