**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Caporegime
My question was ‘What tyres do you currently have ?’

They are a mix and match. Bridgestone potenza, Dunlop sports, rears are something else.

Its all the previous owners tyres. The Dunlop I bought because I got a nail and that was all they had in stock. The rears are crap probably because it's rear wheel drive. However they aren't wearing down fast enough. Been 3 years now and they are still fine. I don't do enough mileage.

However the car does slide a lot especially in the wet.

So I was hoping to do all 4 keep the Dunlop and the rears as spares in case of a puncture. Ditch the only runflat.

Caporegime
Well going froma Bridgestone to an eagle F1 is going to help with comfort too

yeah but a lot have switched to the bigger tyres to help too. It also helps fill out the arch and make the car look better too. So it's a win/win. No reason not to go for the bigger tyres. If the speedo under reads then i'll test this with my phone and verify using the dashcam. I'll ust need to remember it's under reading by x% and adjust accordingly.

i doubt it will make much difference tbh. they are built to over read as it is.

Soldato
Picked up a car at the weekend, back tyres need replacing fairly soon. How important is it to match brand/tread with existing tyres?

Obviously tyres on the same axle will match, i'm talking about matching front and back axles.

Fronts are Pirelli Zero Nero GT, don't know how well rated they are, should I just go ahead and get 2 more of the same or can I get something else that'll be better at a lower price without negative impact of having mixed brands.

Soldato
I've never liked any Pirelli tyre I've ever had, and I've secretly never forgiven them for the Pirelli P6000.

How much tread is left on the fronts? Might be worth getting new Michelins/Conti/Goodyears for the rear and then replace the Pirelli's on the front with the same when they wear down, which I imagine won't be long on a FWD hot hatch.

In the interim, it shouldn't make a massive difference.

Soldato
I've never liked any Pirelli tyre I've ever had, and I've secretly never forgiven them for the Pirelli P6000.

How much tread is left on the fronts? Might be worth getting new Michelins/Conti/Goodyears for the rear and then replace the Pirelli's on the front with the same when they wear down, which I imagine won't be long on a FWD hot hatch.

In the interim, it shouldn't make a massive difference.

Fronts have a load of tread on them but as you say, 256bhp going through the front wheels will eat them up.

I'm lazy so using tyres on the drive website, they've done 3 lots of changes for me in the past and the service has been outstanding.

They have Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 for £94 a corner fitted which I had on my Megane R26 and they were really good, will probably stick with what I know.

Soldato
They do (or did?) a Goodyear Efficent Grip and an Efficient Grip Performance. Make sure you get the latter.

Just ordered Dunlop Blue response as they were on the car from new and she got over 20k out of them, and I had no complaints with them. Plus ebay was doing 15% off tyres so got a pair for £86 through mytyres.

Associate
Just ordered a pair of 235/40/18 Pilot Sport 4 for my Megane R26 to be fitted at my local National Tyres. Came in at £230 fitted and balanced (using a 5% discount code and not paying for tyre disposal) which seems a great price and cheaper than most places wanted for just supply only :)

Associate
Its time to replace the tyres on the vrs, any reccomendations for 225 35 19?

Car came with the old style p-zeros wich are ok but looking for something a bit better.

Soldato
PS4S seems to be the go to tyre on Briskoda, which makes sense, as it generally comes out on top of every test its in.

The P Zeros fitted are rubbish frankly imo

Associate
Its time to replace the tyres on the vrs, any reccomendations for 225 35 19?

Car came with the old style p-zeros wich are ok but looking for something a bit better.

I have Goodyear F1 AS3 on my TSI VRS. Very good wet and dry grip, comfort and no reason to complain. Prefer them over the Continental Sport Contact 5 they replaced. As above PS4S is probably the best money no object option, but about £30 a corner more expensive.

Associate
I have Goodyear F1 AS3 on my TSI VRS. Very good wet and dry grip, comfort and no reason to complain. Prefer them over the Continental Sport Contact 5 they replaced. As above PS4S is probably the best money no object option, but about £30 a corner more expensive.

Do you have the extreme 19s?
Whats the rim protector like on the goodyear? Read the reviews and people say its poor

Back
Top Bottom