**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Soldato
On Saturday I had a set of Davanti DX640 tyres taken off my Mustang GT. Previous owner wants their head examining! A cheap Chinese tyre on a 450PS rear wheel drive muscle car. https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Davanti/DX640.htm

I had planned to try and get some money back by selling them to a part worn shop, as the tyres appeared to be brand new. But even the chap on the phone said, oh no I wont touch any of those - get rid as soon as possible. hah!

After reading some reviews and seeing what stock various places had in my staggered sizing, I eventually went with the Bridgestone Potenza Sport. https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Bridgestone/Potenza-Sport.htm

I feel a lot safer already. :)

Soldato
Hi guys,

Cross post from the other thread - but I have a set of 4 Yokos on my E43. On the most recent MOT the chap said they all 4 are perishing. Is there any recourse I can expect here from the dealer (car bought in Dec 2020) or tyre manufacturer?

The car only has 10k miles on, on a 68 plate.

Associate
Hi guys,

Cross post from the other thread - but I have a set of 4 Yokos on my E43. On the most recent MOT the chap said they all 4 are perishing. Is there any recourse I can expect here from the dealer (car bought in Dec 2020) or tyre manufacturer?

The car only has 10k miles on, on a 68 plate.

Tear and wear one would assume. Depends how bad they are really. You should check the tyre date stamp. Them internets should know how to.

Soldato
Got my Crossclimate 2's booked for next week. Will leave feedback in here of what I think of them once I've done some mixed driving on them, roads/grass and possibly snow this winter if last year was anything to go by.

Soldato
I've just got 4 x 225/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports fitted for £79.50 each which is, quite frankly, an absolutely ludicrous price for what you get. Pretty much THE best tyre you can get on an 18" rim, for under £80 a corner fitted.

Associate
I've just replaced the Bridgestone S001 runflats on my 3 series with non runflat PS4's (not the PS4S).

The handling is much more predictable now on bumpy roads, as well as being more comfortable. I've never liked runflat tyres on any car.

Plus points about the Bridgestones were they lasted a long time (~40k miles for the fronts!), and were quite good on smooth roads in warm conditions. Minus points were poor ride quality, noisy (especially when worn to about 3-4mm), less than great traction in the wet, and a general nervousness in the wet.

So far the Michelin's (cracking deal at Costco with £100 off when buying 4) have dramatically improved the ride quality, noise and wet handling. Grip levels and steering turn-in have also improved but I've not had a chance yet to push them hard. Some of these improvements will be down to the new vs old worn tyres, and runflats vs non-runflats but so far I'm very impressed with them :)

Back
Top Bottom