**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Man of Honour
Fair to say the fronts had seen better days....
abAD8zF.jpg
MVcB9M3.jpg

I am told many supercars do this due castor angles as opposed to camber, but won't pretend this is my area of expertise.

The reads were even in wear and looked to have some life in them, but felt gripless
vDX5w3A.jpg

New v Old
V3xeJOC.jpg

Always nice to get proper site of the underside of the arches, disks and suspension
uy8B7hz.jpg
cmMspfz.jpg
SQHbqwR.jpg

Soldato
My new car has a full set of Bridgestone Potenza S001's on it. I've read mixed reviews about these as well as the poor wet braking performance. Are they significantly worse than say the PS4's or is the difference negligible?
I can confirm now after a couple of months that these tyres are an absolute pile of dog carp.
On a very slightly damp road last night I entered a roundabout, not too fast but swiftly and turned in, the car (c43) instantly lost traction, oversteered and went into a 4 wheel drift. I've driven that roundabout for the last 20 years and none of my other cars have let go that suddenly. I suspect if the car was 2wd I may have binned it but I managed to get it back in line with some opposite lock and keeping the power on.
They're 225/40/18 on the front and 245/45/18 on the rear. Thinking of going for PS4s this time. I usually go with Goodyear but the PS4s seem a more obvious choice. I might look at putting 255s on the rear if the wheels are wide enough.

Soldato
I can confirm now after a couple of months that these tyres are an absolute pile of dog carp.
On a very slightly damp road last night I entered a roundabout, not too fast but swiftly and turned in, the car (c43) instantly lost traction, oversteered and went into a 4 wheel drift. I've driven that roundabout for the last 20 years and none of my other cars have let go that suddenly. I suspect if the car was 2wd I may have binned it but I managed to get it back in line with some opposite lock and keeping the power on.
They're 225/40/18 on the front and 245/45/18 on the rear. Thinking of going for PS4s this time. I usually go with Goodyear but the PS4s seem a more obvious choice. I might look at putting 255s on the rear if the wheels are wide enough.
Sounds like you were going far too fast for the road conditions.

Caporegime
Sounds like the Bridgestones are ****.

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Bridgestone/Potenza-S001.htm

Check the rankings and ratings. They’re clearly complete rubbish.

They get some pretty good reviews, certainly not the worst tyre by a huge margin. Interesting that most of the comments seem to be its not that good at sub 100mph speeds and only come good at high speeds?

It gets very good results in the wet as well. Seems like the tyres need warming up before they come good.

Back
Top Bottom