**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Soldato
They probably will, but it doesn’t sound like you need it. Was £90 for 4 wheel alignment with F1 autocentre. £35 or so with ATS, but they didn’t have my tyres. Cheaper than I remember, Kwik fit offered me £50 a corner once, that I laughed at. This is literally the only reason why I didn’t have a mobile fitter out.

I will see what they say, if they offer it and it’s reasonable price, I will go for it, otherwise I won’t worry.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I'm interested in the as6 but they don't come in 215 40 18 at the moment. Grrr..
So far they seem great, but I'm only replacing the tyres the car had when I bought it, Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2's, they were ok in dry, spinny in the wet.

The AS6's have so much grip its almost ridiculous. Friend of mine has them on his GTI and swears by them, only thing is he goes through them quickly....

Soldato
How long does it normally take to receive the follow up email from black circles with the appointment slot confirmation from fitters?

I ordered tyres for next week, I guess its a case of them getting the tyres before they email me with a time slot?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
How long does it normally take to receive the follow up email from black circles with the appointment slot confirmation from fitters?

I ordered tyres for next week, I guess its a case of them getting the tyres before they email me with a time slot?

I've usually got order confirmation the next day (depending a bit on time of day of me putting it through - I tend to do it quite late in the day), booking confirmation the day after.

EDIT: My brother uses a different place for fitting and sometimes takes 2-3 days IIRC for booking confirmation.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've usually got order confirmation the next day (depending a bit on time of day of me putting it through - I tend to do it quite late in the day), booking confirmation the day after.

EDIT: My brother uses a different place for fitting and sometimes takes 2-3 days IIRC for booking confirmation.

Thanks, Ive had order confirmation, just waiting for booking time confirmation, seems like I could expect it any time this week then. I assume the fitters don't confirm until they have the tyres.

Soldato

I don't think I paid any attention after clicking submit. I just rocked up as per the booking.

Man of Honour
I waited an hour this morning while the machine was ‘fixed’. I get told to come along, they take my tyres off and realise in the process that the machine isn’t working properly. Fortunately tyresonthedrive have slots this Saturday. CSC7s still too and same price. I’ll get them aligned at a different time and at least I don’t have to drive my car anywhere again.

Edit: I’ve managed to cancel with etyres at least via email and have booked an alignment the following weekend after fitting this weekend. Nearly there hopefully.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I waited an hour this morning while the machine was ‘fixed’. I get told to come along, they take my tyres off and realise in the process that the machine isn’t working properly. Fortunately tyresonthedrive have slots this Saturday. CSC7s still too and same price. I’ll get them aligned at a different time and at least I don’t have to drive my car anywhere again.

To join you in your misfortune.

I booked the car in today for changing the CV boot and then MOT, apparently something was seized and took too long and can't do the MOT until tomorrow.

I had booked today off work because the garage is 3.5miles away from home so I walked home from the garage and was walking back to them just before closing when i got the call, I was already half way there, in the rain, at 5c weather, when i had to turn back.

So tomorrow I am going to have to walk to work and figure out how to get to the garage from work (5miles)....I don't want to spend money on a taxi !

Man of Honour
Pilot Super Sports checked this morning, between 4.5 and 5mm all round, if I do end up going to Spa later this month I think they'll be about done afterwards, or done enough to put on a set of track wheels. 90% set on SC7.

Soldato
Cancelled my Black Circles order, was still waiting for time slot confirmation, and with weekend approaching I couldn't be bothered to mess about on the Monday trying to sort this out.

Anyone have other recommendations for online tyre services other than Black Circles.

Im going hold off for a while longer as my tyres have only done 17.5k and they have plenty of tread still, it was just the cracking I was concerned about, but reading around I believe its nothing to be concerned about, just sunlight/heat damage.

Caporegime
Cancelled my Black Circles order, was still waiting for time slot confirmation, and with weekend approaching I couldn't be bothered to mess about on the Monday trying to sort this out.

Anyone have other recommendations for online tyre services other than Black Circles.

Im going hold off for a while longer as my tyres have only done 17.5k and they have plenty of tread still, it was just the cracking I was concerned about, but reading around I believe its nothing to be concerned about, just sunlight/heat damage.
If there’s no real rush and you’re happy to wait up to two weeks as I did, mytyres.co.Uk were cheapest.

Man of Honour

Not etyres!

Tyresonthedrive?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom