**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Soldato
I'm interested in the as6 but they don't come in 215 40 18 at the moment. Grrr..

215/40/18 - Bless you (My OEM Size)

Since my alloys are the same a Golf GTI which come with standard 225/40/18 - After some research I sized up and managed to change all 4 for less than the price of 2 in 215/40/18.

Less rubber but more expensive, what kind of world do we live in :confused:

Soldato
215/40/18 - Bless you (My OEM Size)

Since my alloys are the same a Golf GTI which come with standard 225/40/18 - After some research I sized up and managed to change all 4 for less than the price of 2 in 215/40/18.

Less rubber but more expensive, what kind of world do we live in :confused:
Haha. You lucky B. I wish I could could fit 225 40 18 as they're always soo much cheaper.

I've already sized up from 205, so 225 is a no go.

Soldato
no worse or better than other sites imo. I’ve used them and cam skill personally with no issues, Michelin bought black circles site a while back,

I have a 2019 Fiesta with 18’ alloys, currently have the factory fitted Michelins still with a good amount of tread but the side wall has started to get that cracking from the sun I guess, actually it’s more on the edge of the tread.
I guess I should look to replace all 4.

Any recommendations on a good brand for all season weather?

I just hope I’m not wasting my money getting new tyres, just because of this light cracking, I’m sure it’s just how they have weathered and it’s sun damage. But best to be safe.

Last edited:
Soldato
So 2019 reg factory fitted tyres roughly 17k I think plenty of tread still but this cracking, would you say they need replacing? my personal opinion is yes, but just wanted your thoughts, I guess sun/UV light has caused this?

edit/ they look grubby, lol from all the road salt.

IMG-0134.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
So 2019 reg factory fitted tyres roughly 17k I think plenty of tread still but this cracking, would you say they need replacing? my personal opinion is yes, but just wanted your thoughts, I guess sun/UV light has caused this?

edit/ they look grubby, lol from all the road salt.

IMG-0134.jpg
I had a similar issue with Yokos on my E43 and ended up replacing:

WB7eL42.jpeg

My mums Fiesta has just come back from MOT with a similar problem on the rear tyres. That is a 2017 tho.

The biggest concern wasn't the cracking on the outside edge, but it was cracked in the middle tread as well.

Soldato
I had a similar issue with Yokos on my E43 and ended up replacing:

WB7eL42.jpeg

My mums Fiesta has just come back from MOT with a similar problem on the rear tyres. That is a 2017 tho.

The biggest concern wasn't the cracking on the outside edge, but it was cracked in the middle tread as well.

Thanks I will get all 4 replaced with Michelin pilot sport 4.

Soldato
Got tyres ordered, just a thought is wheel alignment necessary after changing 4 tyres?
I didn't add it at checkout because normally garages try to sell you it on the day of fitting.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Got tyres ordered, just a thought is wheel alignment necessary after changing 4 tyres?
I didn't add it at checkout because normally garages try to sell you it on the day of fitting.

You’re meant to get it done annually. How have your tyres worn? Im only doing mine since mine have worn incredibly unevenly.

Hoping to get mine done at 8:30 tomorrow, but it doesn’t fill me with confidence that the engineer only arrives at 8. They’re going to phone me first thing, but at this rate I’ll camp out in there until it’s done :p

ATS have an alignment deal on. As do either kwik fit/Halfords, I forget which.

Last edited:
Soldato
You’re meant to get it done annually. How have your tyres worn? Im only doing mine since mine have worn incredibly unevenly.

Hoping to get mine done at 8:30 tomorrow, but it doesn’t fill me with confidence that the engineer only arrives at 8. They’re going to phone me first thing, but at this rate I’ll camp out in there until it’s done :p

ATS have an alignment deal on. As do either kwik fit/Halfords, I forget which.

My tyres have worn evenly, checking myself and service tread measurements have always been more or less same across front and rear.
I will see what the fitters say on the day, they will more than likely offer alignment.

How much is it costing you for alignment?

It said £150 on black circles for me.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My tyres have worn evenly, checking myself and service tread measurements have always been more or less same across front and rear.
I will see what the fitters say on the day, they will more than likely offer alignment.

How much is it costing you for alignment?

It said £150 on black circles for me.

They probably will, but it doesn’t sound like you need it. Was £90 for 4 wheel alignment with F1 autocentre. £35 or so with ATS, but they didn’t have my tyres. Cheaper than I remember, Kwik fit offered me £50 a corner once, that I laughed at. This is literally the only reason why I didn’t have a mobile fitter out.

Wife is taking her car tomorrow, so if they can’t do this I’m car less :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom