Upcoming Concerts

Associate
Kaiser Chiefs on Friday were much better than expected, had a great time.

A guy my cous and I met after the Yard Act gig the previous night mentioned his band was playing on the Saturday night.
We went down, and damn... they were really good.
Skäl if anyone is interested.

That was a heavy 3 days of gigs n beer.

Heading to Manchesterland on Thursday for Blinders.

Soldato
Last week I took a mate to see Judas Priest/Saxon/Uriah Heap in Leeds, it was what it was, classic British Rock. I was never into JP that much, but they performed well imo as did Saxon (as always) and UH.

Last night a friend took me to Cadogan Hall to see the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra playing Beethovens Symphony No.3 'eroica', with also a solo performance of Chopins piano concerto No.2 by Lukasz Krupinski. Stunning performances all round. Lukasz has been staying with my friend for the last couple of months so it was nice meeting him and going out to dinner with all his family and friends afterwards.

I have eclectic tastes! :cry:

Last edited:
Just seen a co headline tour had been announced for early next year for Trivium and Bullet for my Valentine. Both playing in full their albums Ascendency and Poison as a 20th year celebration. Going to try and get tickets for that as could be quite a thing!!

Really disappointed at how quickly these tickets went, and how much Tickmaster scalped in fees.

Annoyed me so much I binned the 6 seating tickets it eventually gave me after seeing the 20% fees markup. I like Trivium, but not that much to get bent over.

I don't go to "big" gigs often, and use TM even less. What a blight they are.

Associate
Bob Vylan sounds like when you see a poster and expect a Bob Dylan tribute act. Similar to how it was years before i realised Ryan Adams wasn't just a Bryan Adams tribute!
Good News Everybody!

The Bob's are doing a signing thing in Liverpool soon, nabbed my ticket the other day.
Hoping to get the set list from that gig signed.

Associate
Really disappointed at how quickly these tickets went, and how much Tickmaster scalped in fees.

Annoyed me so much I binned the 6 seating tickets it eventually gave me after seeing the 20% fees markup. I like Trivium, but not that much to get bent over.

I don't go to "big" gigs often, and use TM even less. What a blight they are.
Fair enough - I tread very carefully now with gigs as some are just getting extortionate.

I think I have to accept that i'll probably never see a Metallica/ACDC scale band live as the costs are just crazy now.

The Bullet gig, and Slipknot were erring on expensive but could swallow them. There are some quite reasonable gigs out there still - Thrice was around £35 at Manchester Academy/Although i didn't go in the end, i think Feeder was late £20's Early £30's

Associate
Fair enough - I tread very carefully now with gigs as some are just getting extortionate.

I use the following sites for gig tickets.
Seetickets
Gigsandtours
Skiddle
Dice
TicketWeb

If the gig is sold out I will check on Twickets for a re-sale ticket.
I've been pretty lucky with the pricing on re-sales
Had to get a couple for my cous the other week, ended up being cheaper than the ticket face value.

Soldato
OP
The missus and I really want to see Hans Zimmer. From the YouTube clips I've seen it looks like it'd be a fantastic show.

It helps that he's got probably my favourite guitarist playing with him - Guthrie Govan.

If you guys get the chance I would definitely recommed buying tickets to see him. We were sat at his last concert in Manchester last year at the end when he advertised his upcoming tour for this year and Glasgow was one of the locations. We booked the tickets there and then, because we booked so early we're almost at the front which should make for an even better experience. We saw Guthrie Govan preform at the first Zimmer concert (not sure he's stil touring with him) and he really is amazing on guitar. Last year it was Yolanda Charles playing and credit where it's due she's pretty good as well. I think if you're preforming at that level with Hans Zimmer then you're going to have to be pretty good. Tina Guo is still on Cello and wearing less and less each concert we see her at. Also Holly Madge is one of the best drummers I've seen live as well.

Back on topic I've also bought tickets to see Fisher Stevens (not the Short Circuit actor) the Neil Diamond tribute act at our local theatre in Dunfermline. I've been a huge Neil Diamond fan for many years now and I've been lucky enough to see him live three times. Unfortunately with his failing health tributes are the next best thing I'm thinking . . . . .

Associate
Gig was awesome.
Dry Cleaning are incredibly underrated and much heavier live.

Got the set list to add to my collection.

Tiptop.

Louisa Roach from She Drew The Gun was there, had a 5min chat with her.
Was cool AF.

Soldato
Finley Quaye is doing an acoustic thing on tuesday.

Blimey, remember seeing him back in the day at Glasto, didn't realise he was still on the go.

Gig was awesome.
Dry Cleaning are incredibly underrated and much heavier live.

I like DC, saw them once supporting Sleaford Mods but the sound at the venue was atrocious, which is a killer for this sort of band.

Off to Norwich for a couple of nights this week and just happens to be a gig on at Waterfront, so going to see

Dream State
Graphic Nature
Jehenna

Having checked out a bit of all 3, not sure I'll have been to a more eclectic mix of styles in one gig before :D

Associate
Blimey, remember seeing him back in the day at Glasto, didn't realise he was still on the go.

He isn't, It was a charity benefit gig for CALM which he donated all the cash.
couple of tunes, couple of stories then a few pints.

I'm enroute to meet Bobby and Bobbie from Bob Vylan.
Gonna get my memorabilia signed, pick up the latest album and have a chat.
Gotta get the cheesy selfie too.

Back
Top Bottom