Upcoming Concerts

Mrs has a spare ticket for Taylor on Saturday at Wembley, I'm toying about going but I'm not sure I'll enjoy it!
Do it. For me it was the pure spectacle of watching 68,000 people absolutely worshiping this person on stage. It looked like it was some sort of religious event for some! The experience was worth having, for me.

I got tickets to Journey/Cheap Trick towards the end of the year, I like Cheap Trick I seen them live before.

I'm also a huge fan of Journey, basically one of my favourite bands of all time, although I liked the early 80's period with Steve and sadly I think the only remaining member of the band is Niel Schon.

So I'm hoping it won't be a let down, but I do love the music so regardless should be good. Also the tickets were not ridiculous considering the venue (O2 in London).

Well I think I "saw" Tool on the 1st June, and this is just my luck. I just about saw them in 2022 in London O2 but the seats were so poor I could only just about see 2-3 of the band from the top 3rd tier on the left looking sideways at the stage. This time I went extra hard, I joined the fanclub, got early seats sat right in the middle on the floor, fantastic views guaranteed at almost double the cost of the ones I'd had at the O2!!!!!

vm2bPSg.jpeg

and then because the universe won't let me have anything nice, just minutes before Tool came on, a 6ft6+ dude sat (and then eventually stood) right in-front of me blocking almost the entire view of the stage, so I (6ft) could only just about see Justin on the right side of the stage and very occasionally Maynard as well and small bits of the video backdrop etc. Absolutely gutted and not just for me but for the 3-4 people seated (and eventually stood) behind me who also couldn't see past this behemoth. Its only my 2nd ever "seated" gig as all the bands I usually watch are standing only, and all I've taken away is that being "seated" is the biggest con going, because you don't sit down (everyone stands and security don't care), and the seats massively limits your ability to move left/right to see past lumps like that, which is why standing should be mandatory on an arena floor. I'm never doing this again.

utR0voW.jpeg

Why doesn't the universe want me to have a good time at a Tool gig, why????????

What did you think of the Arena? I'm there on Tuesday for Pearl Jam.

Easy enough to get out of afterwards now or still carnage?
I'd say relatively straightforward for such a large arena, with plenty of stewards to handle the crowd. We'd booked a hotel for the night near Piccadilly, so we walked back into Manchester along with hundreds of other people, took about half an hour. The tram stop is right next to the arena, but people were jammed in like cattle so decided to walk. Enjoy the concert. :cool:

Well, I was gutted cos The Mysterines postponed the gig yesterday until 5th July.

Really needed to get out of the house and do some live music stuff.

Scored a couple of tickets for Courtney Barnett which totally saved the day.

Decent gig, good times.

How was Paramore?
Exceptional. Hayley's energy was top notch, the band sounded really tight, sound was fantastic, song selection was really good, and for someone like me who isn't a huge Paramore fan, I thought they really sold themselves very well.

Have you seen the Killers before?

I did years and years ago when they first started getting popular, I found them a bit of a let down live, they very much played their tracks rather than giving a performance, but again they might be different these days.
I have not, same with the Foo Fighters. Hopefully they'll interact a bit!

Pantera booked for next year. Don't get me wrong, I'm first in line to do the "it's not really pantera" bit, but it's still going to be a hell of a show.

Same here, I got this booked yesterday and then got tickets for The Almighty at KK's Steel Mill in Wolves at the same time.

***EDIT*** - Pantera is now £150+ for standing and, again, this shows that gig prices are getting stupid, so much so that I'm not paying anything more than £50 a gig now, no matter who is playing! We ended up with tiered seating (£80) just behind the sound desk so at least I'll be able to see this time but I'm seriously done with this level of "greed" from ticketmaster, the sellers even added an extra £35 (across two tickets) as various "service charges" too.

I got Monster Magnet, Orange Goblin and The Almighty all booked for under £100 and thats where I'll stay from now on I think.

Last edited:
**** that price. I'm going in with some guys I know on a box at Leeds and that's "only" £140 a head, and that's seated with it's own bar and all of that.

Then again even that rocketed up, the same thing for Sabaton a couple of years ago was £65.

Pantera booked for next year. Don't get me wrong, I'm first in line to do the "it's not really pantera" bit, but it's still going to be a hell of a show.
I'm the same!

Saw them back in the day and couldn't resist.

Price was a joke though and our were £88 standing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom