Upcoming Concerts

Soldato
It looks like the ticket prices for the Pantera tour have been set to "dynamic pricing" by Ticketmaster, so effectively the band set the face value of the ticket but ticketmaster can increase that price to "match what the prices are on tout sites" to force out touts and ensure more money goes to the band (and ticketmaster by extension). Apparently its been in use for a few years now but for mainly "pop" acts like Taylor Swift, Harry Styles etc and this is the first time I've seen it used for a Metal band. Even Tool, who also use Ticketmaster, didn't have this dynamic pricing being added.

BBC story from 2022 about how it works and why its crap -

Soldato
Please report back - going on Saturday.
Will do.

Though the tour is a strange one. Called Saviours after the new album, but the main set list is the whole Dookie album then couple songs then the full American Idiot album as celebrating 30 years of Dookie and 20 since American Idiot released.

There seems to be one song off every other album.

Caporegime
Taylor Swift Eras Tour done!

NBwNmVI.jpg

Soldato
Got a few lined up.

This weekend going to Sisteron in France for Kiasmos' Cercle show.

Ben Böhmer in Manchester in November.

Sleaford Mods playing a tiny gig at Bodega in Notts which will be mental.

Associate
Actually looks like Newcastle nearly sold out on album pre-sale alone. Mate’s tried to get a ticket and there’s only balcony near the stage left (and that was first thing today).

Seen PT a few times, but really looking forward to seeing him solo!
Got tickets for Bristol and Birmingham - see he has added a 3rd London date now.

Soldato
Please report back - going on Saturday.
Well it was an outstanding show. The band were fantastic.

Played all of Dookie and American idiot then a song off every other album. Finishing the encore with Bllie Joe on acoustic guitar singing Good Riddance. Even my wife who isn't much of a fan had a great night. Flame cannons, confetti and loud bangs too.

Back
Top Bottom