Upcoming Firefox 57 ("Quantum") is twice as fast as Firefox 52

Associate
One of the addons I use is "Roomy bookmarks Toolbar" and Im having trouble finding a replacement for quantum.

Any suggestions for a replacement before I update?

Sorted now

Last edited:
Associate
I'm about done with firefox as the more recent versions have started bringing in issues with tabs suddenly being put into their own window and it's been getting on my nerves.

Man of Honour
I've had pretty much zero issues with Firefox so far since Quantum upto latest 58 (think one update had some minor text colour issues on certain elements).

The mobile browser is kind of meh though and I don't bother with it.

Soldato
Any suggestions for a replacement before I update?
vertical tabs though on a landscape -
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/vertical-tabs-reloaded/

The android/mobile versions has not be quantumized.

on the h/w acceleration have folks seen crashes using both internal and external gpu ?
saw an interesting article on next h/w acceleration tech, whilst failing to find out what the current acceleration tech is meant to improve
The whole web at maximum FPS: How WebRender gets rid of jank

Caporegime
with latest firefox build. can anyone tell me why they would change now bookmarks going directly into a normal list. they go by default into other bookmarks instead of how it used to be bookmarks menu ?

is there a way to change this by default ? so it puts all bookmarks straight to menu instead of other bookmarks. dont get the logic behind changing this :confused:

Soldato
Stylo which was the first part of Quantum that arrived for the desktop on 57, has been pushed back from 59 to 60 on the Android version. And apparently it won't be the big performance boost which it really needs. Seems WebRender will be the one to improve things since mobile SoCs tends to have a stronger GPU compared to the CPU.

@~>Dg<~ saw this mentioned a few days ago and it's a possible bug. This extension has been suggested for now: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/default-bookmark-folder/

Soldato
Just tonight on these forums, I'm noticing very quick white flashing when navigating. Tried a system restart, but the problem persists. :(

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
with latest firefox build. can anyone tell me why they would change now bookmarks going directly into a normal list. they go by default into other bookmarks instead of how it used to be bookmarks menu ?

is there a way to change this by default ? so it puts all bookmarks straight to menu instead of other bookmarks. dont get the logic behind changing this :confused:

By design, it make slogical sense. if you're just adding quick bookmark to handle (organise) later,t hen going into other folder is the done way to keep things clean rather than build a list of ever growing items in the primary bookmarks menu.

People need to learn better organisation!

jsfHVWe.jpg

Caporegime
before one click the bookmark i wanted was ready to use in a organized list. its been that way for probably ten years on firefox.since update to do the same process i have to click bookmark then open otherbook marks then change to old way.so its extra efforts steps to produce exactly the same thing ! its bad design not good. even with the new way its still extra steps to do the same.

how can anything be more simplier than old way ? it was one click in the list.one step to get the bookmark ! its impossible to be easier ! it was the least effort.

now you have to do two steps for the same process.typical software designing.take a perfect way then complicate it for no reason.

Man of Honour
Is there anyway to stop the annoying "Are you bored with your background" popup? I can't find anything in the settings. Never used to get popup's with Firefox but now I get this a couple of times a week. I can't actually say that this new version is any faster than the older versions either.

Back
Top Bottom