Upcoming Firefox 57 ("Quantum") is twice as fast as Firefox 52

Soldato
maybe disable smooth scrolling ? otherwise the next renderer is meant to do 60fps
you're not running monitor at a high fps ? since i guess that exacerbates issue where image has not been fully drawn in video memory before refresh.

It's a bog standard 60fps monitor.

Disabling smooth scrolling worked but to be honest i'm not sure I even want to use FF without smooth scrolling, it's horrible :(

Soldato
I want to save web pages that use lazy loading (reveal as you scroll down) what is the best strategy.?

The save as html fails to save the lazy loaded section, save complete web page seems to do it (I have not gone off line/cleared cache though) but it takes more space.
should I be using a save MHT (mime html) add-on, or even doing this in another browser. ... @Pawnless Endgame I think you discussed saving a while back

(goal - I want to save some ebay collections I had created a while back, functionality that is not well supported now)

EDIT: temporarily have used chrome Savemht add-on (after scrolling down page) and can then reload using vanilla IE11

Last edited:
Soldato
https://www.kitguru.net/tech-news/f...und-stealing-users-internet-browsing-history/

According to Kitguru at least, Stylish has been tracking users for years. Be uninstalling that then given I only use it on here.

Been like that since version 3 came out. It was released on Chrome back around early 2017 and then later to FF when Mozilla removed legacy add-on support. If Mozilla stuck with their old way of approving add-ons, the update wouldn't even be approved as it violates the add-on store's policy due to the tracking.

Stylus is an open source alternative based on an older version of Stylish before the tracking started, so I highly recommend using that instead.

Soldato
Just realised that actually. Been using Stylus for years now. Suffering from a bit of beer flu this morning it seems.

Still, timely reminder for those who have not switched.

Soldato
not really firefox specific news but HPKP has been abandoned by chrome developers only 2 years after they introduced it. Firefox will probably follow suit and remove support for it within a year as well.

The rapid development model adopted now by browser developers is concerning as they trying to adopt the same model to new security technologies as well it seems, so if low adoption within 2 years then tech gets abandoned. :(

Soldato
I'm looking for an add-on to suppress the gdpr cookie popups .. I'm currently bouycotting sites that are blocking content access until you say OK.
some of the USA newspaper eg ChicTribune have blocked UK access even via a VPN since they don't want gdpr risk, although, you can see their content via web cache.

Associate
I'm looking for an add-on to suppress the gdpr cookie popups .. I'm currently bouycotting sites that are blocking content access until you say OK.
some of the USA newspaper eg ChicTribune have blocked UK access even via a VPN since they don't want gdpr risk, although, you can see their content via web cache.

"I don't care about cookies" should block them

Soldato
Doesn't seem to be on the blog page any more so I assume Mozilla has removed it. Even then, looking at the recommended list it's not exactly perfect (containers is already built in, Disconnect for FB seems pointless if using the FB container addon, with the right filter lists uBo can do a lot of the same stuff as some of the other addons).

Still seems to be on the add-on store though.

I'm pretty sure FF has something already built in that reports deceptive sites for you... so why even recommend it :p?

Back
Top Bottom