1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update on my health

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by robfosters, Jan 9, 2019.

1. thedoc46

Soldato

Good luck, i couldn't imagine what it must be like in your position. If there's one thing to take from all of this everyone is enjoy your health while you have it ! also put yourself as a donor.. You never know what may happen one day, and well you'll be gone (hopefully not anytime soon mind) and in no need of any of it ! so may as well do something useful with your organs. If everyone became a donor, it would really help.

2. robfosters

Caporegime

Indeed, I hope threads like this remind people just how important organ donation is and get them actually registering as it’s something that many people mean to do and just forget about.

I know I’m obviously biased, but we need the opt out system in England.

3. rebel rebel

Wise Guy

I think the opt out system is coming next year.

4. robfosters

Caporegime

2020?

5. rebel rebel

Wise Guy

Yes I think so, it's called Max's Law. I'm waiting for a kidney so will hopefully benefit from the change.

6. I fancy boys

Mobster

Really sorry to hear this. I really admire your courage in dealing with the situation and news. I hope you get some positive news soon.

7. robfosters

Caporegime

Wow, I didn’t know that. Well all the best to you and hopefully we both benefit.

I’ve had to have my kidneys checked as well as you need good renal function for transplant. It’s quite amazing how many variables go into determining whether or not you’re suitable for transplant.

8. Spacedeck

Mobster

Sorry to hear this :( best of luck and hope everything works out for the best!

9. rebel rebel

Wise Guy

Thanks mate! Yes here's hoping.

Its interesting you say that, I had to have my heart checked to make sure it would get through surgery.

10. robfosters

Caporegime

It just seems like that there’s such a major strain on the body when an organ is changed that the whole body has to be up for it otherwise it’s just not gonna work.

Many of the heart transplant patients who die after surgery, die because of the liver function. Nothing to do with the transplanted heart, but the liver can’t take the strain of all the immunosuppressant drugs.

11. koolpc

Capodecina

Blimey, all we see on these forums is a name, yet, behind that name can be a whole load of tribulations.

I really hope that you will get the help etc you need robfosters. You have my thoughts and best wishes.

12. rebel rebel

Wise Guy

Yep everything is connected somehow. Luckily the Doctors are well on top of things. I tend to let them get on with it, I don't always want to hear the details. I find that helps to keep my stress levels down.

13. Spit

Soldato

Good luck Rob