Upgrade advice please

We need to know your Budget and if you’ll do any gaming with it.

Also need to know your RAM speed and if you use GPU rendering for your Photoshop and Premier Pro software.

5800X is pretty solid as is so unless you’re looking for an increase in gaming performance too, it’ll have to be a 5900X or 5950X or 7900X and a whole new rig.

We need to know your Budget and if you’ll do any gaming with it.

Also need to know your RAM speed and if you use GPU rendering for your Photoshop and Premier Pro software.

5800X is pretty solid as is so unless you’re looking for an increase in gaming performance too, it’ll have to be a 5900X or 5950X or 7900X and a whole new rig.
Budget for the upgrade up to £1200

I have assumed I will go to DDR5 memory

Thinking of a Ryzen 9 7900x or similar. MATX Mobo

The only components to carry over would be case, fans, 360 AIO.

Not sure if I would need a different PSU, its currently a Corsair RM750x. I assume its powerful enough just out of touch re connection to later mobo and GPU

I am sick of RGB no nothing RGB :)

Last edited:

Not sure if I would need a different PSU, its currently a Corsair RM750x. I assume its powerful enough just out of touch re connection to later mobo and GPU

I am sick of RGB no nothing RGB :)
I included other questions that we need answering before we can assist (do you game and do you use GPU rendering)

Sorry, no games

yes re gpu rendering
I’m no expert but you may be fine with upgrading just the GPU in that situation.

Depending on the version of the software that you are using, you may not need a better CPU.

I also don’t know if people render some things using the GPU versus others in CPU but I do know that sometimes a CPU can render things slower but more accurately (at least, that was the case with some applications a while ago),

If you need more RAM, that’s another issue.

You could go the 7900X route and it would be very very fast but if you don’t really make use of it, it may be a waste.

Hmm, interesting

the pc has been getting slower over time. So i was also thinking either upgrade from win10 to 11 or fresh install win11
Probably just needs a debloating. I use an AMD 5700X and it’s fine.

Try using Chris Titus Winutil to remove all the junk that Microsoft puts into Windows.

You run it as admin via a command in Powershell. It’s open source and well documented as being reliable.

I always run it after a major Windows patch as there are always settings and apps that Microsoft reinstalls.

Try that and then if you still need the upgrade, look at something like a 4080 Super and a new PSU.

My current rig, and 5800x, RTX2070 and 32gb DDR4 ram, is used Filofax photo and video editing. Adobe Photoshop and premier pro

I would like suggestion on CPU, Ram and GPU please
4070 is the slower GDDR6 version, but I think that's fine for the price.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,220.95 (includes delivery: £7.99)​

Back
Top Bottom