US ELECTION RESULTS THREAD...

Soldato
as a white person, why should i be happy about this result?

Well, Neocon, you should be happy because we're not seeing a Republican in the White House anymore, we're seeing somebody with a policy geared at actually being sensible both to the US and on the global stage.

Obviously you're not going to agree with me though. You may as well have a 'KICK ME' sign on your back with a usename like that.

Soldato
He has black skin, black eyes, hair, nose. Just because his mother is white doesn't stop him from being black.

I should add that Obama is more African-American than most blacks in the USA are, seeing as his mother was American and his father was a Kenyan.

Man of Honour
Going from that the black people are the racist ones :S

That is shocking.

Wow. Just, wow.

Its unbelievable. Black people had been oppressed for decades. Despite what rights black people now have, there is still a racism problem in America towards this minority group.

As such, many black people would like to see an end to this. One way around it might be by having a respectable black person in office.

And now you are telling me its racist that they are voting for Obama because he is black? No, please... you are joking?

I'm gobsmacked.

Wow.

Man of Honour
Did you know that Washington DC is predominantly black, 60% to 40%?

I totally fail to see with what that has to do with anything. As a minority group in their country, it should be expected that they are going to vote for the person who most likely represents them. Shock horror, a black man.

Just... how that could ever be considered 'shocking' boggles my mind.

Soldato
I have no problems with voting him in because he is black. It's like voting in a Republican because you're a Christian Fundamentalist and White. In fact, I support it, it's more of a symbol than a racist issue. A symbol that it's not just white guys running America but that non-whites can too.

I prefer to call racism, lolcism instead. As it's quite laughable that anyone can hold such an archaic, outdated and morally wrong view of people.

Soldato
What people aren't realising is that recent Democratic candidates have always got a huge proportion of the African-American vote. For example, John Kerry got 88%, and Al Gore won 90%. It's not just because Obama's black.

Caporegime
What people aren't realising is that recent Democratic candidates have always got a huge proportion of the African-American vote. For example, John Kerry got 88%, and Al Gore won 90%. It's not just because Obama's black.

That's probably because the majority of the Republican support base is from the Deep South where there is a real racial hatred. If you are black and all the people hate you are white and they are all Republican, wouldn't you vote for the other party, regardless of who is the candidate ?

Back
Top Bottom