Soldato
I saw happiness in him that he gets beaten. No normal competitive sports player behaves like this.
Did you even listen to what he said during the post match speech?
The guy was moved to tears during the match by the overwhelming crowd support. It's the one thing he's never really had and it meant the world to him.
He wasn't happy to be beaten, he was happy to have finally experienced that 'love', despite having lost.

Let's assume you're right about it being fixed. Why would he be visibly happy about it? He's rich as **** anyway, so it wouldn't be about being overjoyed to get a dodgy payday.
So far, you haven't managed to come up with any kind of legit reason to explain why he would throw it.

Soldato
So, you agree that he didn't give the best of him. The question is was it intentional, most probably yes.

This was his best chance to improve the record of Federer and Nadal.

Next year he will be older, more players will get better and he will lose more matches.

I saw happiness in him that he gets beaten. No normal competitive sports player behaves like this.
Especially when the fortnight before he said that he would treat the match "as the last of his carreer".
How did he prepare for this loss, then?

Is he going to give up with a loss?
I don't think anyone is of the opinion that he played his best. That's clear. But as you say, this was his best chance to win his 21st slam. Why would he lose deliberately on that occasion? Do you really consider that more likely than the fact that he simply was unable to play his best and got beaten?

Permabanned
Let's see the facts:

Loss against Zverev at the Tokyo Olympics - lead by a set and a break up.
Loss against Pablo Careno Busta at the Tokyo Olympics for the bronze medal.
Pull out of the Mixed Double's bronze medal match claiming a left shoulder injury.

And then loss against Medvedev without a set won.

Permabanned
He didn't even participate at the big Masters ATP 1000 between Wimbledon and US Open.
Excusing himself that he is @tired@ is not accepted.

Is he supposed to be undefeatable and why are you avoiding direct questions?

He is supposed to be fair and honest, and here is the big suspicion.

Last edited:
Soldato
Let us know when you're able to come with something of substance that doesn't rely on convenient wild speculation.
You still haven't come up with any reason for the motivation for him to go along with it.
He's aiming for legacy/making history and he certainly doesn't need the money, so what are you suggesting? Gangsters threatening his family or something?

You choosing to believe that being a bit tired after playing an extra 5+hrs of tennis during the tournament isn't a valid 'excuse' to be defeated by the next best player in the world (who's 9 years younger) isn't acceptable and therefore = match fix is extremely poor reasoning.
Even if he had been just as fresh, losing to the #2 is hardly a shocker. It's not liked he blazed through everyone else in straight sets.

Soldato
Let's see the facts:

Loss against Zverev at the Tokyo Olympics - lead by a set and a break up.
Loss against Pablo Careno Busta at the Tokyo Olympics for the bronze medal.
Pull out of the Mixed Double's bronze medal match claiming a left shoulder injury.

And then loss against Medvedev without a set won.
I'm not sure what him losing matches is evidence of. Do you want me to list all of the big matches he's won?

Back
Top Bottom