Soldato
I wonder who's idea it was for her to attend, maybe it was a commitment of some sort, dunno, either way I hope she's stood there thinking 'wtf am I doing here!'

Caporegime
There's fashion for normal people and there's fashion for celebrities.

One's wearing whatever everyone else is, the other's sticky taping your grans net curtains to your leg or getting a toddler to throw paint at your face.

Permabanned
Iirc, the beef between him and the US Open crowd started in 2019 when Medvedev snatched a towel out of a ballboy's hands.

The crowd saw it and started booing him for it, with Medvedev responding by showing the middle finger, which the crowd saw on the big screen!

Nothing to do with any political hate BS, imo.

ETA:

C4tG92X.jpg

Absolute jerk!

Soldato
Being champ likely gets you some special invites, IIRC the Met Gala is like $30k a ticket normally and has always been an event where you're invited to dress up like you and your wardrobe are on acid.

Any, if any of this is leaving her in a daze it doesn't seem like it. Could do with some young upstart coming along in the women's game, being a smiling assassin and hoovering up some majors for a few years rather than it being a constant free-for-all now Serena's dominance has subsided.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Hamilton looks like he forgot he was supposed to dress like an absolute **** and had to hastily put something together. Very low key for the Met Gala.

Permabanned
I think the Men's Final should be investigated over possible match fixing and agreement between the two players.

From Djokovic's Facebook page:

Permabanned
I think your brain should be investigated for an IQ.

Hello troll.

The issue of match fixing in tennis is an ongoing problem. First reported on by The Sunday Telegraph in 2003,[1] an organisation called the Tennis Integrity Unit was set up in 2008 following an investigation into the problem.[2] In 2011, Daniel Köllerer became the first player to receive a lifetime ban from the sport due to match fixing.[3] Later that year, the organisers of the Wimbledon tournament were provided a list of people suspected of involvement in the issue.[4] In 2016 the BBC reported on "evidence of widespread suspected match-fixing at the top level of world tennis, including at Wimbledon",[5] and in February 2019 the BBC said that tennis was a "sport riddled with corruption".[6]

In 2021 the International Governing Bodies of professional tennis established the International Tennis Integrity Agency as a further step to combat corruption in the sport.[7]

Match fixing in tennis - Wikipedia

Soldato
giphy.gif

Soldato
Hello troll.

The issue of match fixing in tennis is an ongoing problem. First reported on by The Sunday Telegraph in 2003,[1] an organisation called the Tennis Integrity Unit was set up in 2008 following an investigation into the problem.[2] In 2011, Daniel Köllerer became the first player to receive a lifetime ban from the sport due to match fixing.[3] Later that year, the organisers of the Wimbledon tournament were provided a list of people suspected of involvement in the issue.[4] In 2016 the BBC reported on "evidence of widespread suspected match-fixing at the top level of world tennis, including at Wimbledon",[5] and in February 2019 the BBC said that tennis was a "sport riddled with corruption".[6]

In 2021 the International Governing Bodies of professional tennis established the International Tennis Integrity Agency as a further step to combat corruption in the sport.[7]

Match fixing in tennis - Wikipedia
What do you think Djokovic would stand to gain from match fixing?

Soldato
There have been allegations of corruption at the highest levels of tennis for years.

Is there anything left in this world that hasn't been corrupted by money?

Look into it and make your own mind up. I found this short video a good place to start...

Edit: just for the record, I'm talking about tennis in general, not any specific player.

Last edited:
Soldato
Normally when there is match fixing there’s a big bet or strange betting patterns on the match of some sort. Or crazy money moving around the Asia market.

Not one single report has come out. Novax supporters clutching at straws.

FWIW the athletic had a good article about it and the business of sports. There’s also interesting stuff from the mob about how they get involve it sport fixing.

Soldato
Why all the hate for Novax?

He is a amazing player with a great personality and attitude. I am not sure why many here seem to dislike him?

Is it a case that because his so good, people like to hate? Similar to hating on practically any other great sports person like Lewis Hamilton etc etc?

Soldato
Why all the hate for Novax?

He is a amazing player with a great personality and attitude. I am not sure why many here seem to dislike him?

Is it a case that because his so good, people like to hate? Similar to hating on practically any other great sports person like Lewis Hamilton etc etc?

No. It’s because he’s a knob. His attitude on and off the court, his boring style of play and gamesmanship, the crap that he and his family come out with, although his PR team have obviously told his father to stop speaking in public. The Kermode stuff, the discrimination of women players etc

And lets not forget about the crap he’s filling in people heads about COVID and the support from it causing the Serbs to boo the vaccine/COVID protocols person at the AO earlier this year.

Soldato
There have been allegations of corruption at the highest levels of tennis for years.

Is there anything left in this world that hasn't been corrupted by money?

Look into it and make your own mind up. I found this short video a good place to start...

Edit: just for the record, I'm talking about tennis in general, not any specific player.
Yes, absolutely. I'm not denying corruption in tennis in general. But Djokovic is a man who has spent a career trying to surpass Federer and Nadal, and who was on the cusp of that and a calendar grand slam. He's won more prize money than any player in history, not to mention his sponsorships.

The explanations for his defeat are:
1/ He felt the pressure and had an off day
2/ He threw away what is probably his only chance of the calendar grand slam in addition to his first chance to surpass Nadal and Federer for a small amount of money (relative to his fortune)

In the absence of pretty compelling evidence to the contrary, 1 seems rather more likely.

Back
Top Bottom