Useful Freeware Utilities

Soldato
OP
Is there a software (free + working) that would scan your system specs and dowload and install drivers with just few clicks. I would want the new verisions BUT not if they make my computer slower etc?

Manual installation is the best way to update your drivers, then you know exactly what is being updated and with what...

Soldato
OP
Hi,

Completely understand about the time factor, whenever you get around to it, that will be great, will add to its functionality...

The RSS feed is handy, having it all done will be good.

Wish you the best with your Uni studies.

Soldato
OP
What about making the yellow/orange box at the top a bit smaller (height wise), put nothing in it which will give you more room beneath it for description etc...

Or put a (biggish) "tools43" logo on it...

Basically, I think you want to keep the layout of the page as simple and clean as possible.

Soldato
OP
The orange box on the homepage is only that size on there. On other pages I ahve made it about 50 pixels in height and will leave it blank but do want something in it on the homepage. I was thinking about something along the lines of the background of the apple iphones voice recognition app where words scroll past in different sizes and onl different levels but basically scrolling a variety of application names? This would be best done in flash but i'm not a flash expert and wouldn;t know how to get flash to interact with a database?

Quite a bit of work involved in that flash idea...I personally would keep the logo as simple as possible...

A few other observations that were pointed out to me:

Should the actual content pane be wider?

Is it going to have drop-down menus for the Categorys bit?

What's the login for?

Back
Top Bottom