Valheim

Soldato
In my experience, graves remain through at least 2 further deaths. I once died, then died twice more trying to retrieve my stuff. I was able to recover items from all 3 corpses. Only the most recent death is marked, though, which makes finding earlier ones difficult. I spent at least half a game day looking for my first death location. I was running away from a troll at the time, so I wasn't paying careful attention to the exact location. It might be diffferent if you die in an interior cell, though.

As far as I know you can respawn a boss mob as often as you like and as far as I know Eikthyr always drops 3 hard antlers. I didn't need to try it because I moved up to bronze tools and weapons very soon afterwards, but as far as I know it's possible.

Thanks, I gave up in the end, i was just to squishy to keep attempting it. i've also got another grave marker by my spawn point but no sign of a body, must be a glitch!

Also came across another Eikthyr spawn point randomly, im guessing there are a few summoning tables spread out ?!

On the hunt for tin now, plenty of copper around if you can fend off the swarms and trolls in the dark forests. im finding this game far to addictive :D

Man of Honour
Thanks, I gave up in the end, i was just to squishy to keep attempting it. i've also got another grave marker by my spawn point but no sign of a body, must be a glitch!

Also came across another Eikthyr spawn point randomly, im guessing there are a few summoning tables spread out ?!

I found the same, so it appears so.

On the hunt for tin now, plenty of copper around if you can fend off the swarms and trolls in the dark forests. im finding this game far to addictive :D

In my experience, tin occurs only in small boulders near the shore. I haven't found any tin deposit that's more than a tiny fraction of the size of the huge copper ore boulders nor any tin ore deposits inland (although I didn't spend much time looking for them inland). I ended up sailing around the coast, hopping out of the boat to mine little tin ore deposits. They look very much like normal small rocks, but slightly different in appearance and after a while I got my eye in for them. They seem to contain a higher proportion of ore, though - I ended up with quite a bit more tin ore than copper ore despite digging several rather large pit mines to get to all of several copper ore rocks (which are mostly underground).

Valheim is a remarkable achievement for such a small dev team and such a small budget. Even in early access and not complete, it (a) works properly and (b) is a better game than some games made with many times the budget.

I'm mainly building stuff. Not even exploring much, let alone progressing through the bosses to succeed in getting to Valhalla. My new hall is so large that even with 4 campfires spread out inside the main room it's still not all heated. I overdid it a bit there, especially since I haven't unlocked most of the buildable things. It's a bit empty.

Last edited:
Soldato
I gathered a lot of copper and tin ore in a cart but must have lost my bearings heading back home and bumped into a troll with a huge club in his hand. As id previously lost all my bronze gear and had no bow I panicked and dropped my cart and ran. Now I've lost it lol. Is there anyway to find it again?

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I gathered a lot of copper and tin ore in a cart but must have lost my bearings heading back home and bumped into a troll with a huge club in his hand. As id previously lost all my bronze gear and had no bow I panicked and dropped my cart and ran. Now I've lost it lol. Is there anyway to find it again?
Just back track you steps and go and kill the troll, it takes time but keep your distance and shoot at him with a bow. Try and get a sneak attack with your first shot.

Soldato
Found a swamp and mountains this morning, nearly died of freezing. So how do you stay warm?

Building yet another house and will build portals to move everything here, close to black forest, swamp and mountains but built in a meadow.
I wish day lasted longer, feels like it's too short when your exploring.

Soldato
Anyone noticed the performance optimisations lately? I'm seeing well over 200fps now on my 3090 compared to 140ish previously. I looked at the change logs and nothing indicates theres been any improvements... weird!

Associate
Found a swamp and mountains this morning, nearly died of freezing. So how do you stay warm?

Frost resistance potions to begin with, then once you unlock either the wolf or lox cape you automatically get frost resistance provided you're not in the wet state. Wolf armor in general also gives you frost resistance.

Associate
Anyone noticed the performance optimisations lately? I'm seeing well over 200fps now on my 3090 compared to 140ish previously. I looked at the change logs and nothing indicates theres been any improvements... weird!

New base in game with less land manipulation or updated graphics drivers or anything like that?

Soldato
For anyone having lag on a dedicated server, try this.

It has fixed lag happening on my server

Close your server. This can also be done on the client if you are self hosting.

Grab dnspy and open the assembly_valheim.dll file in valheim_Data or valheim_server_Data. Find ZDOMan inside the assembly. Find m_dataPerSec, right click, edit class, change the value to something larger. Maybe just add a 0 to the end. Click compile in the lower right of the class editor window. Go to File -> Save Module.

Now start your server. Play in the same area with some friends and you should notice in the f2 menu that your recv kb/s can go above 64kb/s

Soldato
New base in game with less land manipulation or updated graphics drivers or anything like that?
Nope same game, game base, i went back to a location i knew that had consistant frames and its totally different. Albeit if i got back to my main camp the gpu usage still drops to around 30-40% and i hover around 50-60fps.

Associate
Nope same game, game base, i went back to a location i knew that had consistant frames and its totally different. Albeit if i got back to my main camp the gpu usage still drops to around 30-40% and i hover around 50-60fps.
Take the win then as i don't think they've added any optimisations around that area yet :D will be great when they do though!

Man of Honour

No. The game has some shortcomings in mapping. Maybe by design, maybe something the devs intend to do but haven't done yet. There's no way to find anything other than walking around searching for it. I once spent some time looking for one of my corpses that had all my gear on because I died (twice) attempting to retrieve it and only your most recent death is marked on the map.

Man of Honour
Is this fun in SP or do you require friends? :D

Some people strongly prefer SP. Some people strongly prefer MP. Some people switch between the 2 and like both. Who knows what would be the case for you? You might not like the game at all, SP or MP.

But what's definitely true is that Valheim (despite how it's being advertised) is a fully functional SP game.

Associate
No. The game has some shortcomings in mapping. Maybe by design, maybe something the devs intend to do but haven't done yet. There's no way to find anything other than walking around searching for it. I once spent some time looking for one of my corpses that had all my gear on because I died (twice) attempting to retrieve it and only your most recent death is marked on the map.

Had that too, since then I've made a habit of marking my original corpse on the map in case something goes pear shaped. becomes especially important when you start getting into mountains or plains zones.

Soldato
Only bit that really puts me off is the process of moving base.
I love the exploring and building, of it was a little easier to build a portal and you could transfer everything via it, for me it would be loads less tedious.

Man of Honour
Only bit that really puts me off is the process of moving base.
I love the exploring and building, of it was a little easier to build a portal and you could transfer everything via it, for me it would be loads less tedious.

I think the devs are still adapting to the success of the game and the way many people are playing it. I also think that it will be mainly modders who make bigger changes. The game devs don't have the resources to do that while also finishing the game and optimising performance. Valheim was designed as a survival game with a story, but a lot of players want it to be more of a building game. It could be both, but that would be extra work and it's a very small dev team. I think modders will step up to the plate and make the game better and give players more choices because that's what modders do. Thank goodness for modders.

For example, a modder has recently added blueprinting to the game:

https://www.nexusmods.com/valheim/mods/5

That would allow you to move your base without having to build it from scratch or carry the materials anywhere. You can even blueprint terrain under and around the base so it will fit in a different location with different terrain.

You could mod the game to allow more use of portals. There's a mod to allow metal and ore to be transported through portals. You could also mod your inventory size and carry weight so you could load up with farcical amounts of stuff and take it all through a portal.

If you don't want to use mods, there's still a way to evade the restrictions and move metal and ores through portals even though you're not supposed to be able to do so.

There are two key points regarding moving a character from one world to another. When you change worlds you bring everything in your inventory with you and when you re-enter a world you do so in the location you were in when you left that world.

In detail:

Make and enter another gameworld. Let's call it Tempworld. Maybe take some wood with you for convenience.
Make some containers in Tempworld. Anywhere will do.
Log out of Tempworld while standing next to the containers.
Enter your main world and pick up all the metal and ore you can pick up. It doesn't matter if you can't move.
Log out of the main world.
Put the metal and ore you're carrying into the containers. Since you spawn into a world in the place you logged out from the world, you'll be right next to the containers and won't have to move.
Log out of Tempworld.
Log out of your main world while in your base.
Log into Tempworld and take all the metal and ore out of the containers you put it in. Log out of Tempworld.
Log into your main world. You're now in your base carrying all that metal and ore.

Back
Top Bottom