Valheim

Associate
Spent the last 2 days hunting for Silver after acquiring Wishbone, what a **** take to find it! Not too bad finding snowy mountain Biomes but actually finding the silver Veins is a nightmare! Wish there was a location indicator instead of trying to follow when the flash gets faster. At least once you find them you get a substantial amount to pick at.

I think i must have just gotten lucky then, just went to the top of a mountain biome and found 4-5 massive veins which kinda set me up for the rest of the game silver wise as it seems after silver it's back to iron!

Soldato
I think i must have just gotten lucky then, just went to the top of a mountain biome and found 4-5 massive veins which kinda set me up for the rest of the game silver wise as it seems after silver it's back to iron!
Gonna try a different area tonight, search a few mountain biomes so far and only found 2 veins but it was mega rich veins. Next for me would be black metal from Fulings, me and a mate managed to setup a base on the plains but its becoming a challenge keeping it up and running while being constantly attacked by Lox's and Fulings! The drops are nice though :)

Associate
If you don't bother or get to close to the Lox's they'll generally leave you alone. Fulings are fairly weak to kill especially if you can pick them off one by one with two people, one shielding one hitting them with an iron mace. A draugr bow also helps pick things off from a distance, even with wooden arrows if like me you can't be bothered to keep getting feathers.

Soldato
Gonna try a different area tonight, search a few mountain biomes so far and only found 2 veins but it was mega rich veins. Next for me would be black metal from Fulings, me and a mate managed to setup a base on the plains but its becoming a challenge keeping it up and running while being constantly attacked by Lox's and Fulings! The drops are nice though :)

cheers for hopping on to me stream today mate and following....some nice tips also.

Man of Honour
I killed my first troll today, yay!

Admittedly, it killed me 3 times first :) The skill loss penalty for death is quite harsh. I only wanted to have a look at a dilapidated stone structure on a little island just off the coast, but the troll wasn't having any of that. So I was determined to go look at it. It contained nothing, not even a chest. But that wasn't the point. A bit further along the coast, I found some different trees I could cut down with my flint axe. Fir trees...same as beech. Pine tree - jackpot! Core wood, just what I wanted. But the noise aggroed another troll and then I saw the entrance to a cave behind the troll. Obviously the troll's cave. So I was determined to enter the cave. That troll only killed me once. Into the now abandoned troll cave. Or so I thought. It turns out that trolls are less solitary than I thought they were. I don't know how many more trolls were in the cave, but it was more than none. Run away, run away! :)

Soldato
Beat the crap out of Moder last night and again this morning. We had to setup two outposts near the spawn point and a small 'foxhole' dug into the mountainside near his spawn so we could retreat and heal up. He/it seems to struggle with uneven terrain when it does land from time to time.

That paved the way for me to setup a noob outpost in a small section of the Plains so I could practice against the little gobbo goblins. They drop black metal so I've gathered enough to make a Lv2 shield. Mosquitos are less of a nuisance now with wolf armour too.

Associate
Having done 4 of the 5 bosses... it definitely felt like Bonemass was the toughest for me? Moder just kind of sat on the alter for me while i just peppered it with arrows.

Man of Honour
I've just noticed that I've played Valheim for over 14 hours. So that's slightly over £1 per hour so far and I haven't even made an attempt at the first boss yet. I haven't fully explored the first biome. I've only built one small base and a very simple camp (just a 3-walled hut with a bed and a campfire because it was getting dark and I was a long way from home).

Gaming is such cheap fun!

Soldato
Having done 4 of the 5 bosses... it definitely felt like Bonemass was the toughest for me? Moder just kind of sat on the alter for me while i just peppered it with arrows.
Yeah he has always been regarded as the toughest boss as the swamp is an absolute pain to traverse and then you have some of the worst elemental damage being dished out alongside countless adds.

Soldato
So, just thought I'd grab myself a copy to see if it something the kids would enjoy. Just logged in to have a quick look at the graphics and basic interface. I was only messing around for five minutes tops, and now Steam is saying I have 66 minutes game time. Uh-oh...

Soldato
We've now killed the 3rd boss, was a good step up in difficulty from the 2nd. We flattened the land around his summoning altar to avoid having to run through water, made it a touch easier

Associate
So, just thought I'd grab myself a copy to see if it something the kids would enjoy. Just logged in to have a quick look at the graphics and basic interface. I was only messing around for five minutes tops, and now Steam is saying I have 66 minutes game time. Uh-oh...

Time definitely passes more quickly in the real world when playing this game! I'm apparently 120 hours in but it feels like 10...

Man of Honour
I think I "sllightly" over-prepared for the fight with Eikthyr, the first boss fight. L2 Finewood bow, 100 fire arrows, L35 bow skill, Troll leather armour torso and legs, leather helmet. I was expecting it to be a hard fight. It took 12 arrows and I took negligable damage. Nowhere near as hard as a troll.

Soldato
I think I "sllightly" over-prepared for the fight with Eikthyr, the first boss fight. L2 Finewood bow, 100 fire arrows, L35 bow skill, Troll leather armour torso and legs, leather helmet. I was expecting it to be a hard fight. It took 12 arrows and I took negligable damage. Nowhere near as hard as a troll.
Wait till you get the last 2 swords you can pretty much 2 hit trolls lol

Seriously though, once you get Iron you go from a slow pace to a rather fast one and you can quickly level up your armor and weapons thats if you get lucky with a swamp thats full of dungeons.

Back
Top Bottom