Valheim

Soldato
540 hours in it so far..

Tonight a friend and I got to Ashlands, stressful but fun. We'd both had enough by the time we got there, plonked a portal down and got home though. Adventure awaits another day!

Associate
Any essential mods for it now?

Grabbed updated valheim plus
Equipment & quickslots still works

3 new ones for me were
azure crafty boxes as craft build smelt etc hadnt been updated in a loooooooong time
deezmistyballs as i hate the view distance in mistlands
plant easily as massfarming also long out of date

Not found replacements for outdated mods such as
clock
ship speed
bigger item stack
crafting filter

Associate
Didn't even realise there was a patch coming, but kicked up a server again with friends as it went on sale (I think the sale coincided with the Ashlands update).

Never made it past the Mountains though... Let's see how far we get.

Associate
Didn't even realise there was a patch coming, but kicked up a server again with friends as it went on sale (I think the sale coincided with the Ashlands update).

Never made it past the Mountains though... Let's see how far we get.
I am currently doing solo and I am between mountains and plains as Moder location is near some mistlands that I cant seem to navigate. Although have just found a patch of plains around the corner to drop a portal. Will make my way to moder from there.

Associate
I've had to pull the server to my PC now too... Used to be fine but seems the poor old Xeon 2650 can't cope with more than 2 people anymore. The lag and rubberbsnding with 5 people was atrocious.

We're still kitting ourselves with bronze - my god we need so much with so many of us :cry:

Associate
I feel the most pointless thing with bronze is the armour. I ended up using the troll armour in swamps. And if you find copper farming a pain, it only gets worse when you go to swamps. Just make sure you find a large swamp area as the smaller swamps dont have enough scrap iron.

Associate
I feel the most pointless thing with bronze is the armour. I ended up using the troll armour in swamps. And if you find copper farming a pain, it only gets worse when you go to swamps. Just make sure you find a large swamp area as the smaller swamps dont have enough scrap iron.
It's not uncommon for people who are comfortable to skip bronze, or at least only make a T1 set

Associate
Is mining all around a copper vein still supposed to make it explode into a cloud of ore? I've mined one out completely, not touching any ground or stone anywhere and I'm just left with a floating vein :(

Associate
Is mining all around a copper vein still supposed to make it explode into a cloud of ore? I've mined one out completely, not touching any ground or stone anywhere and I'm just left with a floating vein :(
It sometimes breaks up into ores, but usually you need to climb on top and break it up, and it does not completely break.

Soldato
540 hours in it so far..

Tonight a friend and I got to Ashlands, stressful but fun. We'd both had enough by the time we got there, plonked a portal down and got home though. Adventure awaits another day!

We're in a similar position but have yet to beat Mistlands and will likely just plonk a portal down once we make it to Ashlands and leave!

Have really found Mistlands quite tough going although there are only currently two of us who play regularly when there were 5 originally but others fell away although one of those does till host the server for us.

Haven't found the boss location yet either and haven't got the cape for flying about more easily off cliff tops - died so many times fall further than I thought a drop would be grrr

Do look forward to Ashlands though - sounds like a very different biome to Mistlands. Just hope we maybe get a ships update as an interim before we finally get the Frozen North or whatever the final biome was going to be.

Soldato
We're in a similar position but have yet to beat Mistlands and will likely just plonk a portal down once we make it to Ashlands and leave!

Have really found Mistlands quite tough going although there are only currently two of us who play regularly when there were 5 originally but others fell away although one of those does till host the server for us.

Haven't found the boss location yet either and haven't got the cape for flying about more easily off cliff tops - died so many times fall further than I thought a drop would be grrr

Do look forward to Ashlands though - sounds like a very different biome to Mistlands. Just hope we maybe get a ships update as an interim before we finally get the Frozen North or whatever the final biome was going to be.
Mistlands was rough as heck. We are completely vanilla and must admit there were times I was tempted to mod it to remove the fog but resisted, we've also never used any admin commands, I literally don't know how to anyway.

Ashlands is different, visibility isn't as bad as Mistlands but the mobs are more numerous, spawn faster, you can't really build, it's just constant attrition. It's also more fun IMHO! We've barely scratched the surface of it to be honest but I'm already finding it more enjoyable than Mistlands, which was just a chore.

Associate
Mistlands was rough as heck. We are completely vanilla and must admit there were times I was tempted to mod it to remove the fog but resisted, we've also never used any admin commands, I literally don't know how to anyway.

Ashlands is different, visibility isn't as bad as Mistlands but the mobs are more numerous, spawn faster, you can't really build, it's just constant attrition. It's also more fun IMHO! We've barely scratched the surface of it to be honest but I'm already finding it more enjoyable than Mistlands, which was just a chore.
You can mod the wisp I think - I skipped mistlands and waited for Ashlands, but I know my friends have a mod to make the area they can see bigger. It's not removed the fog completely AFAIK, although there is a mod to do that too.

Back
Top Bottom