Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Associate
Say WHAT? Well I wasn't expecting this email today. The original is one of my all time favourite games so they have a lot to live up to.. & those prices <ouch:p>

ABOUT THIS GAME
Sired in an act of vampire terrorism, your existence ignites the war for Seattle's blood trade. Enter uneasy alliances with the creatures who control the city and uncover the sprawling conspiracy which plunged Seattle into a bloody civil war between powerful vampire factions.
Become the Ultimate Vampire
Immerse yourself in the World of Darkness and live out your vampire fantasy in a city filled with intriguing characters that react to your choices. You and your unique disciplines are a weapon in our forward-driving, fast-moving, melee-focussed combat system. Your power will grow as you advance, but remember to uphold the Masquerade and guard your humanity... or face the consequences.
Descend into Seattle’s Dark Heart and Survive the Vampire Elite
Seattle has always been run by vampires. Hunt your prey across Seattle locations faithfully reimagined in the World of Darkness. Meet the old blood founders present since the city’s birth and the new blood steering the tech money redefining the city. Everyone has hidden agendas - so choose your allies wisely.
Enter into Uneasy Alliances
Choose a side among competing factions, each with their own unique traits and stories, in the war for Seattle’s blood trade. The world will judge you by the company you keep, but remember no one’s hands stay clean forever.
Experience the Story
Written by the creative mind behind the original Bloodlines, Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines™ 2 brings the ambitions of the first game to life and sees the return of a few fan favorite characters.

Plus.. March 2020 :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Never did the original one justice though partly due to the game mechanics not being the most streamlined. Original was a great game though.

Soldato
Cant say I'm excited about this. Full of SJW ***** already from a developer that went bankrupt(zombie studios) with a very mediocre track record.

Soldato
Cautiously excited, it's the writer from the original game, all signs point towards them at least doing this right! Will keep an eye on it.

Associate
I don't really get hyped about games anymore other than Cdpr but damn I'm hyped. Been wanting this so damn much for years.

Soldato
Made with Unreal Engine 4 & will feature RTX features supposedly.

Couldn't get into the first one at the time, so I'll be curious to see how this one turns out. Lots of potential in terms of world-building & atmosphere here but I'm cautious. Usually recent games which pick Seattle as their location devolve into mostly mediocre affairs & which overemphasise contemporaneity, making them seem clownish. Perhaps this one will be an exception.

Associate
£50.99 pre-order? They know how to 'milk' fans of the series, don't they? :p

Never mind, it doesn't seem so bad when we'd have to spend another grand to enjoy the game with all its details turned up to ultra, two grand if we want to play at 4k.

Soldato
I'm yet to play the first one but a friend of mine always trys to get me to as she thinks it's amazing, it's always cheap on gog I just never get it

Soldato
Found out about this today too...I got an email from GOG for a pre-purchase and I genuinely though "well it's only a week until April fools so..." but no it's real. VTM:B is my most played game and possibly favourite of all time. It's supposed to come out early 2020 as well which is pretty soon.

I will buy it and I'll buy it early but sorry I cant stump up £50 notes for it until I see more of the game play and know a little about the narrative. There are so many elements that make VTM:B unique that it will be tricky to recreate the ambience but at least they're trying.

SS1 remake
SS3 in the works
and now VTM:B2 coming out. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom