Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Associate
I think the first is a game that is very much of it's time and is still my most played game. I don't think you can capture that something it had now though as the industry seems starved of the creativity Troika had. Hope to be proven wrong though.

Man of Honour
I think the first is a game that is very much of it's time and is still my most played game. I don't think you can capture that something it had now though as the industry seems starved of the creativity Troika had. Hope to be proven wrong though.

I dunno how you'd truly do it justice - you'd need mechanics that had both the relative simplicity of something like The Division while also capable of something like Neverwinter Nights and a world that worked on multiple layers and as open as the world in The Division but much more fleshed out with mission, etc. gameplay more like Deus Ex.

Associate
Saw this on steam and my heart skipped a beat. Then I saw the trailer etc, and it looks like first person only?? Why??? I know I seem to be a dying breed, but I just don't like First Person games. Cyberpunk is off my list due to this. The first bloodlines was 1st and 3rd, why not stick with that? I like to see the character I'm playing :(

Associate
Saw this on steam and my heart skipped a beat. Then I saw the trailer etc, and it looks like first person only?? Why??? I know I seem to be a dying breed, but I just don't like First Person games. Cyberpunk is off my list due to this. The first bloodlines was 1st and 3rd, why not stick with that? I like to see the character I'm playing :(

I've read that performing some actions and attacks will take you to third person so maybe it'll be an option.

Soldato
WHAT - pre-order a YEAR in advance - no way.

Loved the original, one of my all time favourite games. But this pre-order thing is just daft.

Really hope it stays true to the original.

Still sad that the MMO World Of Darkness got cancelled back in 2014. Article

Associate
One year pre-order plus delux, premium editions and all that crap gives me a bad feeling about this. Doesn't feel like the publisher would be happy to delay the release should it need more polish. Certainly hoping I'm not right.

Soldato
Is the first one playable now or difficult to get into given its age?

Absolutely playable - it has aged fine so long as you are the kind of person that values features and narrative over graphics. That being said it uses an early version of the HL2 engine so it's not that bad looking. All bugs are fixed - use the Steam version and install the mods...of which there are many.

Associate
Is the first one playable now or difficult to get into given its age?

I've just started playing it, having not played it when it released. I am using the Unofficial Patch, and the game runs great. Obviously it doesn't look good when compared to the games we have now, e.g. flat, low res textures - but the game is a blast. Story is enganging, and the gameplay itself still holds up.

Associate
Always wanted to play more vampire games, finished the relatively new Vampyr recently. Should I play the first VTM:B before playing the second one? Is this game story/lore heavy? Does it feel 'old', how are the graphics?

I don't know if the story will follow on to the sequel, but I highly recommend playing Bloodlines 1 first, just because it is a great game. It has definitely aged, but the atmosphere is still great. It still plays well with the unofficial patches. I recently started playing it and am having a blast

Soldato
I just watched the E3 trailer. World, story, dialogue all look great. Gameplay looks janky af. At one point in the demo the PC is attempting to shoot someone in the head and it is comically bad. Another time they are having a fist fight and it makes Skyrim look like a fighting game! Got to be one of the worst gameplay trailers I've seen considering it is the first look!

I'll certainly get the game and I'm confident it will be good, but I hope they massively improve the gameplay. As it stands I'll get it, but it isn't in my top 10 most anticipated games.

Back
Top Bottom