Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

I just watched the E3 trailer. World, story, dialogue all look great. Gameplay looks janky af. At one point in the demo the PC is attempting to shoot someone in the head and it is comically bad. Another time they are having a fist fight and it makes Skyrim look like a fighting game! Got to be one of the worst gameplay trailers I've seen considering it is the first look!

I'll certainly get the game and I'm confident it will be good, but I hope they massively improve the gameplay. As it stands I'll get it, but it isn't in my top 10 most anticipated games.

Wasnt the IGN gameplay video was it? I watched that one at first and it was like the player had literally never played a game before, the whole way they moved about and fought was like it was the first time they had ever held a controller. Later I watched the gamespot gameplay video and that was much better as the player at least knew how to play games.

I just watched the E3 trailer. World, story, dialogue all look great. Gameplay looks janky af. At one point in the demo the PC is attempting to shoot someone in the head and it is comically bad. Another time they are having a fist fight and it makes Skyrim look like a fighting game! Got to be one of the worst gameplay trailers I've seen considering it is the first look!

I'll certainly get the game and I'm confident it will be good, but I hope they massively improve the gameplay. As it stands I'll get it, but it isn't in my top 10 most anticipated games.

https://gamerant.com/watch-20-minutes-of-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2/

I agree. Janky is an understatement!! Lots of work to do. Why they would even show this gameplay is beyond me.

Possibly, but considering the half baked mess their last game in this franchise was on release I'd rather they take some time to potentially address that.

This is in BIG trouble. Paradox have sacked (or removed) the developers completely from the game, and are partnering with an as of yet un-named dev team to finish it. We'll be lucky to see it in 2022, if at all. Story on Kotaku.

This is in BIG trouble. Paradox have sacked (or removed) the developers completely from the game, and are partnering with an as of yet un-named dev team to finish it. We'll be lucky to see it in 2022, if at all. Story on Kotaku.
Going to request a refund on my cdkeys pre order and just forget about this for a while. Such a shame as it is exactly the type of game I like.

Going to request a refund on my cdkeys pre order and just forget about this for a while. Such a shame as it is exactly the type of game I like.
Yep, a lot of us were excited for this one. Hopefully it can be salvaged and release in a few years, but it must have been in a bad state for the entire dev team to be released!

Yep, a lot of us were excited for this one. Hopefully it can be salvaged and release in a few years, but it must have been in a bad state for the entire dev team to be released!
Yeah. Riddled with bugs and very slow progress (burning through cash) would be my guess.

I am glad they moved on to a new dev team and as you say hopefully we can get something worth playing in a couple of years time.

Shame but must have been in a bad state, lets hope a dev with some pedigree has been lined up. That being said I would hope they start from scratch rather than try to hodge podge a game together from the remains (unlikely I know due to cost but hell one can hope).

I'm not at all upset about this.

I have a number of issues with the development team that was working on BL2, I had absolutely zero faith of them releasing something even half way competent. Hopefully a new studio can work on this and give us a genuine successor to the original game, I'd frankly rather have no game at all if the end result is garbage.

What I hate with games like this - they try so hard to put in flash new gameplay mechanics, etc. and try and reinvent the genre often at the cost of getting the basics right but what people really want is the original game style but done well with an interesting story and interesting locations. Which is why Dishonored was largely well received as it was something old done well with an interesting story and locations.

What I hate with games like this - they try so hard to put in flash new gameplay mechanics, etc. and try and reinvent the genre often at the cost of getting the basics right but what people really want is the original game style but done well with an interesting story and interesting locations. Which is why Dishonored was largely well received as it was something old done well with an interesting story and locations.
True. Though I would like to see a game where what you do impacts the world and narrative. But that kind of thing should be left for big publishers and developers I guess, I mean even they struggle with that.

Sounds like it's going the same was as the MMO "World of Darkness" - real shame as the vampire genre has been ignored for a long time

Hope against hope that Bloodlines 2 makes it and is worthy of the first one!

ahh that's a shame, but like others have said I hope this means that what we get (if we get it) will be as good as it can be. As an old school player of the WOD franchise in the pen and paper days, I'm a massive fan of Vampire: The masquerade and really really want this to do well!

Back
Top Bottom