Vasectomy - Whos had it done? NHS/Private

Associate
I had mine done back in Feb 2020. basically booked an appt with a GP, said I wanted it done and he referred me.

Op was ok if a little embarrassing. Left one went easy, right one he had to rummage around for quite a while to find the pipe.

Felt fairly ok the day or two after, but then made the mistake of getting back to renovating the house. Crouched down draining the central heating and carting heavy radiators I think I did something bad. It swelled up and was painful for over a week, spent a few days with frozen peas on my sack to numb the pain.

Still need to do my final sample to confirm it worked, covid got in the way and the thought of knocking one out in a waiting room isn't appealing. Will have to get it over with soon.

Man of Honour
I'm reminded of a Clinical Negligence case where the man was claiming that some treatment we gave him made him infertile.
I got hold of his records and he'd had a vasectomy in 1995 :)
The thing is we can't ring the Solicitor and tell them but I put the records right at the beginning of the disclosure and a few months later we got a letter saying they had closed the case.
Sometimes people don't realise we find ALL records.

Soldato
Op was ok if a little embarrassing.

Hah, yes, while it was something of a strange experience to be making small talk with someone while a stranger poked at my bits, thankfully the nurse assisting with mine was old enough to be my mother, if she'd been young and hot it probably would have been a far more uncomfortable experience :cry:

Still need to do my final sample to confirm it worked, covid got in the way and the thought of knocking one out in a waiting room isn't appealing. Will have to get it over with soon.

You have to attend the clinic for the sample? I just had to send one off.

Soldato
There isn't as far as I'm aware either. Unless it's a psychosomatic effect.
Officially it doesn’t, but the sperm you produce has nowhere to go, the cut tubes can feel swollen, infact I’ve suffered discomfort since the procedure years ago.
This swelling and back pressure can affect testicular function.
In my case, my test levels crashed over a period of months.
I really regret having it done, however the infertility side of it is great. (If your at that stage in your life).

Caporegime
This is one of those things I want to get done but never get round to. With waiting lists so high it hardly a priority.

I guess it would be difficult for me as I have no kids.

Can you just lie about having kids to facilitate it?

Back
Top Bottom