VEGA IS FINALLY HERE, ITS IN STOCK ALONG WITH SOME EPIC BUNDLES & FREESYNC DEALS!!

Associate
As it turns out, due to the high load the webshop accepted more orders than there was stock available.
@Gibbo , do you expect that all backorders can be fulfilled with the next stocking?

OcUK Staff
OP
As it turns out, due to the high load the webshop accepted more orders than there was stock available.
@Gibbo , do you expect that all backorders can be fulfilled with the next stocking?

Unknown, AMD and board partners know what we sold, it is now in their hands to get cards to those who ordered one in good faith. :)

Soldato
So what?
Who cares, I read articles and news on subjects I enjoy, as long as its understandable, poor spelling or not it does not matter and its easily understandable by anyone with basic junior school reading skills. :)

I care.

When you're in a position of writing articles that go in main stream media, I expect basic things like spelling to be accurate. It's not exactly difficult, is it?

OcUK Staff
OP
I care.

When you're in a position of writing articles that go in main stream media, I expect basic things like spelling to be accurate. It's not exactly difficult, is it?

Best get writing to the media site in question then to air your complaint. Guess I've got better things to do with my time than worry about spelling on articles on websites, I just read things for the news, I am not checking their spelling. Whatever floats your boat and all that. :)

Soldato
Best get writing to the media site in question then to air your complaint. Guess I've got better things to do with my time than worry about spelling on articles on websites, I just read things for the news, I am not checking their spelling. Whatever floats your boat and all that. :)

Quite.

Best you get back to honouring those AMD Vega orders and stop wasting your time trying to get one up with me! :)

Associate
Wow - so after the rush I see that despite all the naysaying it seems this has been a very popular card.

From the info on AMD's web site about the UK packs I wasn't expecting any deals on the Samsung Freesync monitor (it wasn't a model I wanted anyway), but I was very interested in the Ryzen bundles as I'm upgrading from a Phenom II X3 710 and HD 6580. Unfortunately, going over the various deals did stall me a while in placing the order, so while I did get the order accepted, I have been informed that I didn't get one of the ones in stock and so have to wait for stock to come in. It's not the end of the world, I have plenty of other things to get on with while waiting (e.g. Linux drivers).

The post-launch MSRP pricing increase is unfortunate but understandable given the current market conditions and the likely high BOM for the reference cards. Despite the lack of clarity on the MSRP from AMD I would like to thank Gibbo & OCUK for honouring the £449 launch price and trying to give everyone a fair crack at getting one.

Associate
Hi all, hi @Gibbo

I got the vega 64 with ek block combo, im just wondering if that was the discounted card with the ek block or if i get the games with it, also im just wondering if all my card is waiting for is the ek blocks coming into stock or will i have to wait for more vegas before my order is shipped to me. Just for a timeline basis i got my order in well before the stock run out, ty

Associate
Hi all, hi @Gibbo

... wondering if all my card is waiting for is the ek blocks coming into stock or will i have to wait for more vegas before my order is shipped to me.

I sent a webnote to OCUK to query my order status and they responded a few (business) hours later with estimated dates and confirming which items were on backorder (V64 and EK Vega waterblock in my case).

Soldato
OcUK Staff
OP
6 Power cooler 64's showing in stock now £629!

100+ due next week, if they land I shall activate a voucher code so forum members can get them around £580. Under £550 needs AMD to intervene with support, we simply won't sell product at a loss, no point, would be better to not sell at all.

Associate
Is VEGA 56 still on 'target' for launch date price of £349?

As Fury X owner really finding it hard to justify VEGA 56 at any higher and especially VEGA 64. The AIO is also a great plus on that card which will mean WC is route I'd go with VEGA, even if OC headroom not there to justify cost I reckon I'll notice the noise of air blower.

Back
Top Bottom