VEGA IS FINALLY HERE, ITS IN STOCK ALONG WITH SOME EPIC BUNDLES & FREESYNC DEALS!!

Soldato
AMD have being told by me, stand alone cards, need to be £449 for VEGA 64 and £349 for VEGA 56, permanently, not just for launch or restricted to a certain volume but permanent. They are worried about miners but we can alleviate that with 1pc per customer, hell I'd even set up voucher codes if AMD wanted it off the radar so loyal customers and forum members could bag 1pc at the LAUNCH pricing. I will keep pushing, because at £449 VEGA 64 is a fantastic bit of kit and VEGA 56 at £349 bargain of the century.

Yep, I completely agree, the cards should be £100 cheaper than they are given their lateness, performance and power draw. Tell AMD I said so, it should make the difference. :p

Caporegime
I can't see 1 PC helping if they all sold out today.
450 for a Vega 64's nothing to write home about, let another 550 and 650 which all sold out.

£400 and £300 for 64 and 56 is what makes sense in the market given their lateness etc.
With the 580 being the 200 it's meant to be.

Associate
You are right it does say it varies but press are reporting that the black edition pack should be $599 with a $200 rebate on the freesync monitor and money off a ryzen CPU.

The black pack also comes with the metal card until it is sold out at $599

It's a shame AMD couldn't make their own advertising actually happen in the UK. It's ridiculous. If you aren't going to deliver these prices don't submit them to the press!

Quote from PCPER.com - "For that added $100 you are getting two free games and $300 in potential discounts on other hardware. If you already have a platform you are happy with, or a monitor you like, and don’t want to upgrade them, you do not have to take advantage of those discounts. Instead, you will be paying $100 more for the fancier card and the two bundled PC titles."

Not from OcUK, I am not interested in pricing elsewhere, the prices I stated were OcUK.
Plus did anywhere else in the UK even offer the VEGA Black + Samsung 34" with FREE gamers at £1249 in stock, I think were the only reseller who bothered to do the bundle. Then Samsung UK was not offering $200, not even close, but the AMD site does state monitor/rebate varies region to region.

OcUK Staff
OP
I can't see 1 PC helping if they all sold out today.
450 for a Vega 64's nothing to write home about, let another 550 and 650 which all sold out.

£400 and £300 for 64 and 56 is what makes sense in the market given their lateness etc.
With the 580 being the 200 it's meant to be.

Its a product launch, just like any other big anticipated product launch we generally have upto 5000 customers viewing the site in realtime all wanting to check out the options or trying to get an order in.

If cards appeared in stock today, they'd last much longer as you'd not get the panic buying, rush to be first etc. People always want to be first with shiny new kit, e-peen and all that, also lots of customers who ordered will regret their decision for whatever reason, wife found out, performance not as expected, PSU not good enough, won't fit in case, can't afford it and will return un-used. Happens at every launch, nothing new just like when high street shops do Black Friday deals on a TV you could have purchased the month before at same price, but because Black Friday they are start scrapping over a junk TV. :D

Caporegime
Its a product launch, just like any other big anticipated product launch we generally have upto 5000 customers viewing the site in realtime all wanting to check out the options or trying to get an order in.

If cards appeared in stock today, they'd last much longer as you'd not get the panic buying, rush to be first etc. People always want to be first with shiny new kit, e-peen and all that, also lots of customers who ordered will regret their decision for whatever reason, wife found out, performance not as expected, PSU not good enough, won't fit in case, can't afford it and will return un-used. Happens at every launch, nothing new just like when high street shops do Black Friday deals on a TV you could have purchased the month before at same price, but because Black Friday they are start scrapping over a junk TV. :D

Oh no doubt. I can see people already umming and arring over their purchase.

I stood firm and didn't buy. I'll buy a 56 if possible at 350 come the 28th

Soldato
So, when AMD are late they should charge less than comparable Nvidia models? Out of interest what was your opinion of the times Nvidia have been late but still charged more than superior AMD models?

Caporegime
So, when AMD are late they should charge less than comparable Nvidia models? Out of interest what was your opinion of the times Nvidia have been late but still charged more than superior AMD models?

I think the markets a bit messed up at the moment.

When was the last time Nvidia charged more for an inferior product?

People complain about people bending over. And then you've got people complaining when they give their opinion.

Everyone mays well be silent.

Associate
FYI i’m grateful to you for all you’ve done. Me missing out is down to my bank and i’m unhappy with them but big purchases can trigger card blocks.

I do think AMD haven’t been clear though, and that the cards are far more competitive at £450 than £550 given performance. That’s just a side effect of the 1080 at £450 sadly, you need to price to compete especially if you’re a year late to the fight.

All of this. 100%.

The same goes for Vega 56. I'll be eagerly awaiting the launch and will get one if they have a £349 launch sale, guaranteed. But if they jump up £100 afterwards and hit £449 or a ridiculous £499 as suggested potentially? Hell no. Not even remotely. Not even once. Never. Ludicrous price.

At £349 and £449 for 56 and 64 respectively, they're looking great value and very competitive. Could even take £375 and £475 ish (plus minus a little) on both, with HBM2 tech and FineWine, despite how "late" the cards are, and as a FreeSync owner. But a full £100 extra on either is mental, and I won't support that pricing structure or tactic at all, regardless of my desire to take a turn from the Blue/Green team and back on the Red side for a while, and given some recent business practices.

Last edited:
Associate
I think they were late but the amount of Bleeting & crying by people both at Gibbo or to people who bought them saying it was a terrible buy on the Forums was pretty much Embarrassing

People should vote with their money if they want to purchase or not - and they did

I know they are late but their products are comparable to the 1070 & 1080 & as AIB partners get on Board with their Solutions & Drivers mature then they should pull ahead of Nvidias current range

Volta will obviously change that but until then they have comparable products in almost all cases apart from the 1080Ti

You can only sell a product for what people will buy it- OCUK sold over 1000 Units yesterday in 40 minutes so whether it was a Gamer or Miner then they still sold

Basic Business Really

Associate
AMD have being told by me, stand alone cards, need to be £449 for VEGA 64 and £349 for VEGA 56, permanently, not just for launch or restricted to a certain volume but permanent. They are worried about miners but we can alleviate that with 1pc per customer, hell I'd even set up voucher codes if AMD wanted it off the radar so loyal customers and forum members could bag 1pc at the LAUNCH pricing. I will keep pushing, because at £449 VEGA 64 is a fantastic bit of kit and VEGA 56 at £349 bargain of the century.

I will push AMD very hard to make this happen, but for it to happen AMD need to support it, because without their support we would make a horrific loss and well if we lose money, then we'd be better off not selling it, FULL STOP! Won't stop pushing because at such prices they will fly, but then on the flip side AMD need to be able to give me like 10,000 units minimum to keep the product in stock and keep with demand.

But we won't stop pushing, I think to be frank AMD are a little shocked with how fast our stock went, I think they themselves have under-estimated how many gamers there still is on HD 5xxx, 6xxx, 7xxx and 290/390 series who wanted and do still want to upgrade to a card from AMD either because they are loyal, like AMD or have a FREESYNC monitor or are planning a FREESYNC monitor purchase.

End of the day there is a huge amount of FREESYNC monitors, some of them very nice, like the 49" Samsung and of course the OcUK killer deal on the LG 34" at £389 :)

Good to hear. You're on our level. I'll be watching, and 100% buying Vega 56 at launch from OCUK via the forums and you Gibbo, assuming AMD can deliver these cards at the market appropriate price.

Associate
Will there be Vega 56 cards available for £350 at launch? Will there be a similiar launch event?
What will be the (launch) price range for the AIB cards (64 & 56)?

£449 seems to have been the best price anywhere in Europe, could not find any other vendor with that offer.

Soldato
£449 was the best price for VEGA 64, VEGA 56 @ £349 will be what I'm after. Going by no else did VEGA 64 at £449 I doubt any other place will do £349 for VEGA 56.
Mhmm I am kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on £450 Vega 64...I am trying to justify this by thinking perf per £ is not that good and power consumption is way to high, in which case vega 56 seems to remedy both these shortcomings.

Just a tip for others who looking to buy vega 56 on Launch, as I understand they will launch on Monday 28th of August at 2pm UK time. Wait for the post from Gibbo and lock in the card as soon as you can as they will 99.999% will be all sold out by 2:30pm.

OcUK Staff
OP
VEGA 56 shall strictly be 1pc per order as well, sorry to anyone on the forum who comes singing crossfire to me, sorry guys its not happening, strictly 1pc per customer this time in the hope they last longer than 20 minutes.

Soldato

Every product comes out in the context of the current market. If you're the best, or the fastest, or the newest, you can charge more. Come out a year later and offer worse performance, you have to mitigate with a lower price, because otherwise why would people buy your product over the more established, cheaper, higher performing product that costs less?

You can't sell a product if it's all cons and no pros. One of the things that is easily controlled at this point of the product's life cycle is the price. Yes, they've sold loads at the lower price due to miners and early adopters, but when that price goes up again, when the initial rush dies down and load of potential customers like me (R290 looking for an upgrade and already waited a year for AMD), it's difficult to see the performance and value when it's so expensive and no better than a cheaper 1080.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo

When, approx, will we start seeing non reference cooler versions? Specifically Vega56? And yes i am on R290 holding out for Vega card

Unknown, might see pre-orders mid/end September, but right now the clear objective is getting stock of MBA cards.

Also I quite like the plain and clean design on reference cards, both AMD and NVIDIA, plus the heat out the case is always good anyway, only ever an issue if the things sound like a Dyson at full tilt, though these latest cards from NV/AMD with blowers are tolerable, especially if you setup custom fan curves.

Associate

I will push AMD very hard to make this happen, but for it to happen AMD need to support it, because without their support we would make a horrific loss and well if we lose money, then we'd be better off not selling it, FULL STOP! Won't stop pushing because at such prices they will fly, but then on the flip side AMD need to be able to give me like 10,000 units minimum to keep the product in stock and keep with demand.

But we won't stop pushing, I think to be frank AMD are a little shocked with how fast our stock went, I think they themselves have under-estimated how many gamers there still is on HD 5xxx, 6xxx, 7xxx and 290/390 series who wanted and do still want to upgrade to a card from AMD either because they are loyal, like AMD or have a FREESYNC monitor or are planning a FREESYNC monitor purchase.

End of the day there is a huge amount of FREESYNC monitors, some of them very nice, like the 49" Samsung and of course the OcUK killer deal on the LG 34" at £389 :)

Like me. My previous build from 2010 was a Phenom II with a HD 5770. After Bulldozer flopped, I waited for Zen, which got delayed a few times. Pre-ordered, but I kept my old GPU while I waited for Vega. Vega 56 has nice performance, but I'm not buying a reference blower, so I'll wait for AIB 56's.

But still, why Radeon? I brought a 1080p FreeSync monitor during Christmas sales for £90. Also, the Samsung Quantum Dot FreeSync 2 monitors look very nice, although I'd like it in 4k and larger than 32 inches. I realise I won't be able to play every game in 4K with 56, but I don't mind. It seems Samsung may release a small selection of GSync Quantum Dot monitors soon, but not as wide a range as FreeSync, so FreeSync wins again.

Back
Top Bottom