• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VEGA IS FINALLY HERE, ITS IN STOCK ALONG WITH SOME EPIC BUNDLES & FREESYNC DEALS!!

Associate
And if AMD is selling the 56 for £400+, you might want to brace yourself for a £350+ 2060. 2070 @ £475 and 2080 @ £600 :p

Got to love PC gaming :p

That would be good news for geniune gamers, wouldn't it? Sadly I doubt it will pan out that way - see various articles in the press (all from original source DigiTimes) about graphics memory prices having already surged over 30% this month, and unlikely to recede until next year. The high end graphics cards you speculate will be launched will be most affected.

OcUK Staff
OP
I don't think anyone is specifically saying you're at fault Gibbo. People are just saying even at a RRP of $599 the Vega 64 blower edition is overpriced for the performance it offers

As I said previously, I agree and have already pushed AMD to get the card under £500, all I can do is push, will it fall on death ears or will they act only time will tell.

OcUK Staff
OP
So the games are free and are not part of any rrp? But you can only sell with the games and this is $599 retail? Sorry to be a bore, just trying to get grasp on AMD pricing for retailers.

This is explained in the OP!

$499 launch price only, NO FREE games! Limited to launch stock volume of several hundred as AMD had to fund as such a price makes quite a substantial loss.
$599 with games for black and silver.
$699 with games for aqua.

Associate
Yes, RRP of $599, but with six units, NO! However a few hundred land next week, I shall activate a voucher code then to bring them down to around £580, which is around 8%, sorry simply not making less than that are new in demand product. Yes the free games will remain unless AMD authorise to start selling again at £449 and covering the loss such a price makes us.

Why do you keep saying its 599 ? The only official rrp from AMD themselves is 499

AMD-Radeon-RX-Vega-64-Reference.jpg

THE NEW GPU KING UNDER $500 (my arse)

I did not see any official statement from AMD in regards to the 20% price hike (gouge),Without that you can up the prices as far as you want but cannot say its the RRP.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Why do you keep saying its 599 ? The only official rrp from AMD themselves is 499

I did not see any official statement from AMD in regards to the 20% price hike (gouge),Without that you can up the prices as far as you want but cannot say its the RRP.

But the RRP is now $599, as confirmed by both Gibbo AND a competitor, who also said they were told by AMD only first 275 units to be sold at the "original" RRP of $499, and everything after will revert to $599

Caporegime
But the RRP is now $599, as confirmed by both Gibbo AND a competitor, who also said they were told by AMD only first 275 units to be sold at the "original" RRP of $499, and everything after will revert to $599

So essentially their slide showed above was a lie? As it says nothing about only applicable for x amount of units.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
So essentially their slide showed above was a lie? As it says nothing about only applicable for x amount of units.

Do they legally need to say it's only temporary? And does anyone know the true definition of "SEP" on that slide, what does it officially stand for? If it was RRP then why not put RRP or MSRP like every other company does?

Maybe it stands for "Special Early Price" :p

Caporegime
Do they legally need to say it's only temporary? And does anyone know the true definition of "SEP" on that slide, what does it officially stand for? If it was RRP then why not put RRP or MSRP like every other company does?

Maybe it stands for "Special Early Price" :p

Apparently it means "suggested etail price"

http://www.amd.com/en/partner/amd-processor-pricing

And i would say they would need to say its only some type of offer as evidenced by the fact that there's plenty of drama on numerous tech forums about the pricing. Plus amd have been incredibly slow to respond to any questions regarding it.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Apparently it means "suggested etail price"

http://www.amd.com/en/partner/amd-processor-pricing

And i would say they would need to say its only some type of offer as evidenced by the fact that there's plenty of drama on numerous tech forums about the pricing. Plus amd have been incredibly slow to respond to any questions regarding it.

Ah thanks for clarifying with that link.

But reading the first line it reads;

"Prices below are Suggested E-tail Price (SEP) and are subject to change without notice"

OcUK Staff
OP

AMD-Radeon-RX-Vega-64-Reference.jpg

Did we not already go over this with you where I myself told you that you are wrong as did other forum members.

AMD have worded it wrong, it was a launch price, end of. Don't accept that tough, but that is the truth.

Though OcUK might be a big player, we do not set pricing, if the price was $499 then why is there now no longer a single retailer in the world selling at $499, but they are all at $599, kind of proves my point.

I know I am correct, AMD know the truth, its all in writing in confidential emails from them and once again you will argue a point where you were already told you were wrong by myself and several other forum members who can understand it.

Soldato
This is explained in the OP!

$499 launch price only, NO FREE games! Limited to launch stock volume of several hundred as AMD had to fund as such a price makes quite a substantial loss.
$599 with games for black and silver.
$699 with games for aqua.
That really doesn't explain how the only ones you have in stock are £630...

Soldato
No gamer one in their right mind will buy Vega 64 for £600+ to get 1080 level performance. AMD has really dropped the ball with this launch and I suspect they are not targetting gamers at all. The recent mining drivers shows their actual target market.

Soldato
Well, it's pretty safe to say that miners aren't buying these cards. There are some in stock here and in other shops.

So maybe when AMD see this, they will get rid of the Pack versions and start selling the cards on their own and they will be reduced back to the $499 price.

Asa

Asa

Associate
Gibbo, do you have much say in what gets offered in the "packs"? What are the chances of including a wider selection of monitors?

I'd love to pick up RX Vega and one of the other Samsung quantum dot monitors...

Associate
No gamer one in their right mind will buy Vega 64 for £600+ to get 1080 level performance. AMD has really dropped the ball with this launch and I suspect they are not targetting gamers at all. The recent mining drivers shows their actual target market.

This is true for Windows, but not so for Linux. There are a few games already where Vega on open source drivers are already outperforming Nvidia on proprietary drivers, and there are still significant improvements to come.

Back
Top Bottom