Vega's *Heavyweight* display and computer; edition 2012

Above idea is fail... unless you dont like overclocking!

This project is win though!

Ya, if I wanted to have one of the most expensive and simultaneous slowest gaming computers, I'd go with an EVGA SR-X. ;)

Hi Vega,

The only response I had from Asrock was to try different drivers etc nothing that I wouldn't do myself.. it was defiantly board related as I was running a Asrock Extreme4 at first but wanted to trifire so got the extreme7 then the problems started, I could even take out the board and put in a MSI GD55 with the same drivers etc and the thing was smooth again, in the end I sold my board to a mate that wanted it for 1 card use.. a couple of weeks later I got a 2nd one as I really wanted the pcie layout of this board and started again trying to find the fault but nothing would resolve it, it’s now in my HTPC overkill or what.. 

Forgot you asked if anyone else had this problem but at the time not many or any that I could find had multi amd cards with eyefinity so no I didn’t find anyone with the same problem, I think I will start again with the board next month and try again with newer driver and bios. :s

How are the ASRock BIOS's? I heard that may be their Achilles heal. Maybe with this new Z77 line they cleaned up their act a bit. That Extreme9 motherboard looks awesome.

I'm not a big bios person :) I just change what's needed and leave it, but saying that out of the Asrock extreme 4/7 and asus/gigabyte boards both Asrock boards would OC my 2600k to 4.8 and Ram to 1866 with 3 mouse click in the bios with auto settings unlike the other boards they would need lots of tweaks?. So I was impressed :)

Ambient radiator fans all mounted and wiring soldered. These things push some serious air and pretty darn quiet to boot.

SANY0015-1.jpg

Great build, some really innovative ideas with the setup. I'm just wondering about the FW900s. I like high quality crts, I used a 21" trinitron for years (dell p1110 i think) but after 6-7 years the colours were not as saturated/seemed washed out and it was not as sharp as it used to be, it seemed it was just worn out. Sony stopped manufacturing the FW900 in 2003 I think, surely after 9 years none of them are as good as they were new?

Wish you wouldn't post things like this Vega, as I'm now getting symptoms of 'Upgrade Itch' again.:(

Ya, isn't playing with new hardware great? :D

wow amazing build thread. Love the choice of motherboard :D

Ya, looks like a bunch of manufacturers are making 4-way SLI boards with Z77. The Gigabyte Sniper 3 has been confirmed to support 4-way. So many to choose from!

Great build, some really innovative ideas with the setup. I'm just wondering about the FW900s. I like high quality crts, I used a 21" trinitron for years (dell p1110 i think) but after 6-7 years the colours were not as saturated/seemed washed out and it was not as sharp as it used to be, it seemed it was just worn out. Sony stopped manufacturing the FW900 in 2003 I think, surely after 9 years none of them are as good as they were new?

You'd be surprised at how long CRT's can last if properly maintained. But yes, if you had a 9-year old FW900 that has seen decent use and has never been adjusted, it will most likely look faded and dull. All of my FW900's are professionally tuned up and calibrated. (not cheap) They look virtually new.

Yup. The bezel gaps right now are at 4.4 inches and will go down to less than .1 inch (near seem-less) with the Fresnel lens setup installed.

I see. Pardon my ignorance, this is way over my head. Impressive, I've just watched some of the videos from the first page. I am a real-life pilot but I hate all kinds of flight simulators because they just don't feel right (other than the extremely expensive Boeing & Airbus full-motion ones of course). This setup may come pretty close as long as you have a good yoke and rudders, wouldn't mind going for a spin in that!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom