Vegas hotels

Soldato
If you're wanting to just do a short wander around the centre at the bellagio fountains and see the Paris/NewYork/Excaibur/Luxor then you can stay close by and just do that. Absolutely no reason you can't use the Uber/Monorail though to skip from end to end, as both were faultless for us last month. Main thing is to just stay on the strip but prepare to pay more than you ever should whenever you go to eat out. Only thing I'd say is often found issues with using payment options for buses over a variety of banks (multiple people) and methods. No idea why as they all worked for everything else.

Last edited:
Soldato
That shot reminded me of my first trip. 11hr direct flight, super tired, checked in got to room then met up at collegues room. Forgot my room number so trailed back to reception to ask the nice lady that checked me in where to go!
Surely rule number one is to save the room number (and hotel name!) in your phone as soon as you check in. I do that on work trips especially, as you’re rushing around so much and sometimes don’t even think of it lol.

Soldato
Only ever stayed in the Wynn in Vegas (wife won’t stay anywhere else) and never driven so cannot advise on parking but if you get somewhere like the Aria or Linq then they are really central on the strip, what about staying slightly off the strip if you need car access as just behind the MGM there’s quite a few ‘lesser’ hotels/motels that would be cheaper

Associate
I,m intrigued - whats with all these "business" trips to Vegas. You all in the slot machine industry or something ?

Associate
I,m intrigued - whats with all these "business" trips to Vegas. You all in the slot machine industry or something ?

It's quite popular with big tech companies as it's west coast and can handle 1000s of attendees quite easily. Also comparatively cheap compared to other venues as they expect that a large percentage of attendees will probably gamble or at least be spending a large amount on food and drink

Associate
I spent 10 days in Vegas in 2019, loved it!

The mirage is the more central of the two, if you're only there for a couple of days you'll appreciate it being in the middle (lots of walking involved!)
Sahara is north end of the strip, other than the strat there really isn't a lot there!
If you want the touristy 'welcome to las vegas' sign photo, you want to be right at the south end!

Can't see that this has been mentioned already, but remember to budget for resort tax/fee's.

Last edited:
Soldato
My other yearly business trip is to Amsterdam :D

(Film industry, and no not *that* film industry! But at least they pick fun cities to hold the biggest media technology conventions at)
I spent 10 days in Vegas in 2019, loved it!
Yeesh, I think 5 days is my max but I suppose that's going full beans burning the candle at both ends... One thing I always remember is how dry you get out there from the desert air and A/C. To the OP - make sure to take lots of moisturiser for your hands and face, lip balm too!

Soldato
It's worth mentioning that there is an absolute shedload of stuff to do within a few hours of Vegas its self. There are some absolutely amazing national parks and that is even before thinking about going out to the grand canyon. I couldn't recommend Death Valley enough.

Soldato
It's worth mentioning that there is an absolute shedload of stuff to do within a few hours of Vegas its self. There are some absolutely amazing national parks and that is even before thinking about going out to the grand canyon. I couldn't recommend Death Valley enough.
Death Vally is closed though... Doesn’t seem to have any timelines for reopening either.

Soldato
They’ve closed the whole of Death Valley? How does that work - there is literally a small settlement in the middle of it.

Edit: Flooding damaged all the roads. I’m sure it will be open soon enough, they are targeting October 15th for the main road.

Last edited:
Associate
As you're only there for a couple nights, leave with a good impression, don't stay somewhere just 'mid' because it will affect your experience.

I'd recommend the Wynn or Encore over anywhere else on the strip and honestly not being in the 'middle' of the strip is actually a good thing as the hotels at the centre of the strip will be so busy with people mostly who are not staying there and will make it unenjoyable.

Soldato
A lot of tech companies do conferences there. It’s probably one of the best places to do huge conferences. I’ve been 5 times. It’s a good spot to do some sight seeing like the Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd recommend the Wynn or Encore over anywhere else on the strip and honestly not being in the 'middle' of the strip is actually a good thing as the hotels at the centre of the strip will be so busy with people mostly who are not staying there and will make it unenjoyable.
Isn’t it like a 30min just to the strip though? But yes that’s why I like staying at the Mandarin or whatever it is now. No randoms, calm and peaceful :)

Soldato
It’s on the strip next to the Palazzo and Venetian.
Oh ok. I think I was confused and my colleague was saying the Wynne was a 30min walk to the convention centre, not the other way around. The SW steakhouse there is pretty awesome, but only when someone else is paying!

Back
Top Bottom