Vet bill is climbing

A lot of cats like to drink from a running water source. Be it a tap or a drinking fountain with a pump.
Yeah just seen though fun cat fountain things

He does drink over time usually, as he's on dry food so naturally gets thirsty. Just want to make sure he's drinking a bit more over the next few days at least

Looked at my documents I can’t see that stated

Sorry it appears to be from 9 with ManyPets.

We are with PetPlan and despite the marketing of “prices don’t go up with claims” our prices for the 2 cars have gone up from £30 a month to £100 a month over the years.

It's a cat....

I have a pet cat, I've had a cat most of my life, I've buried a couple in the garden, it wasn't pleasant.

But it's a cat

£2000?!?

There are human beings starving on the streets your £2000 would go a long way.

Vets, insurance etc is a business, like anything they are in it for the money.

I know it's heartbreaking, but really, need to get things in perspective here.

Absolutely.

And those that can't afford it, should have their pets confiscated, and the government, at the tax payers expense, should set up an animal shelter to house all these confiscated pets.

We could call this animal shelter, "Big Al's Animal Sanctuary" just need someone to run it...I think you could be a "Big Al".

PXL-20240120-211618219-MP.jpg

Check out my pussycat, Cora.

I know I'd much rather spend 2k on saving an animals life than feeding a homeless person/people.

It's a cat....

I have a pet cat, I've had a cat most of my life, I've buried a couple in the garden, it wasn't pleasant.

But it's a cat

£2000?!?

Vets, insurance etc is a business, like anything they are in it for the money.

I know it's heartbreaking, but really, need to get things in perspective here.

Absolutely.

And those that can't afford it, should have their pets confiscated, and the government, at the tax payers expense, should set up an animal shelter to house all these confiscated pets.

We could call this animal shelter, "Big Al's Animal Sanctuary" just need someone to run it...I think you could be a "Big Al".

PXL-20240120-211618219-MP.jpg

Check out my pussycat, Cora.

why do you even have a cat/pet with that attitude? wouldn't it be easier to just not have any pets?

I love animals (I mean we have nearly 40 of them here) but I do find people who value animal lives over people to be strange. Animals trigger an emotional response in people and does lead to them saying irrational, ill thought out things.
My dogs are part of the family, some random person is never going to come close to that :)

Sorry it appears to be from 9 with ManyPets.

We are with PetPlan and despite the marketing of “prices don’t go up with claims” our prices for the 2 cars have gone up from £30 a month to £100 a month over the years.
Not because of claiming though, the price goes up each year regardless as the risk increases. Nobody is going to insure an old animal for the same price as a young one, the risk profile is totally different.

Last edited:
My dogs are part of the family, some random person is never going to come close to that :)
I’m not asking you to compare your dog to a random person, the same way I’d expect you to value your family over a random person. I mean the general trend of people to react to animal suffering in a completely disproportionate way.

I think my German shepherd has blocked anal glands so he's back to the vets tomorrow.

I rang the vet up and all he said was "show me the money" suppose it'll cost £500, better than a smelly dog I guess! Plus I'm sure he'll enjoy it, he loves the vets.

Not sure he's got long left to be honest, he must weigh about 60kg, and is struggling to get up.

Last edited:
Not because of claiming though, the price goes up each year regardless as the risk increases. Nobody is going to insure an old animal for the same price as a young one, the risk profile is totally different.

Oh yes without a doubt, it’s just the way PetPlan push this.

Hey guys look we won’t increase your monthly cost with a claim……… because but it will go up year on year.

Would be interesting to see who everyone here insures with and how they feel the company handled any claims.

Hey guys look we won’t increase your monthly cost with a claim……… because but it will go up year on year.

Would be interesting to see who everyone here insures with and how they feel the company handled any claims.

Insured with "more than" before are dog got ill insurance was £24 monthly, after treatment it's now £60 monthly. Are excess is £100 plus 20% as he's over 9 years old.

Insurance is £1000 per year per condition. Recent claims have been easy.

Last edited:
It's a cat....

But it's a cat

£2000?!?

And some people spend £2,000 on just a GPU or a 5 day holiday etc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom