Vidahost Issue

Soldato
No idea what's wrong but something is certainly wrong there.

I'm on their cloud hosting and get ~200ms response times.

Tried running a speed test on that domain and its timing out/500 response or a 9 second response :eek:.

I would just get in contact with them again. From my experience they're reasonable.

Associate
Support are saying the patternheaven.co.uk site is on cpanel hosting, I'm on the cloud hosting.

Should I switch? They keep trying to tell me it's an issue with the wordpress plugins, sigh.

Associate
It happens on a blank page, a blank index html page is the same. It's not plugin related it's server related, it takes forever to connect to the server before the page even starts loading.

Soldato
I've had quite a few issues trying to get Magento stores working with Vidahost. We rollbacked our cloud hosting to cPanel due to speed issues and had to move to a new server to develop with Magento 2.0 because of outdated PHP versions. We're not sure if it's the amount of javascript that's trying to load, or the new server, or poor coding from the theme developer but ajax components are really struggling to load.

Associate
Spoke too soon, it's just as slow. It was faster and now it's just as slow. Requested to be switched to the cpanel hosting, failing that I'll scrap vidahost and try out siteground as they support letsencrypt :D. Granted it's expensive hosting though, £140 a year to be able to host more than one site.

Man of Honour
Fairly sure Mr. Beansprout is one of the big boys over there :)
Bit of a thread revival but I've been away.....

I no longer own, run or work full time at the brand I created / the company I founded.

My personal email is in trust if anyone wants help with any hosting-related queries.....there's very little I can't give impartial advice on.

After all, doing just that on this forum and IRC is how it all began...

Caporegime
Can I just thread hijack to say what an awesome story, I have hosting with you guys, and had no idea members here started it.

How do you even go about getting a data centre etc? Would love loads of details about it sounds really interesting.

Associate
Just bear in mind that Vidahost/Tsohost parent group are in discussions with Godaddy

You have been warned!!

I have already moved

Man of Honour
Can I just thread hijack to say what an awesome story, I have hosting with you guys, and had no idea members here started it.

How do you even go about getting a data centre etc? Would love loads of details about it sounds really interesting.

Normally hosting companies like this rent either racks/server cabinets or individual dedicated servers from a company that owns the datacentre rather than owning it themselves and the owning company usually only deals business to business rather than direct to consumers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TelecityGroup this company services most of the UK based web hosters.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Guess I was missing some context from his post, most hosters like this don't run their own facility with dedicated links.

Back
Top Bottom