US: Vikings - anyone else watching this ?

Soldato
He was a great character, so technically you could be correct, but the show still has plenty of appeal. If appeal was previously 88 out of 100, maybe now it's 84...

I'm not good at history, the show is based on real events though, right? I guess it had to happen in the show?

Caporegime
He was a great character, so technically you could be correct, but the show still has plenty of appeal. If appeal was previously 88 out of 100, maybe now it's 84...

I'm not good at history, the show is based on real events though, right? I guess it had to happen in the show?

Very loosely as much of the detail about these events is sketchy at best. Some scholars even doubt the existence of Ragnar or that if he did exist, history has greatly exaggerated his life. All the evidence is taken from chronicles written much later.

Caporegime
Vikings will never be the same nor have the same appeal ever again. You guys don't agree, after The one who must not be named's death?

No, I accepted it, and I think the cast is strong enough to keep it going...with the only weakness being Ivar who just has a way about him that isn't as natural as the other sons. He overacts a bit. I also like Bjorn Ironside (jesus, look how huge the guy is since S1) so I'm glad he will be heading up the army.

All in all, really looking forward to seeing how the season ends. :)

Soldato
Yea, i don't agree that Vikings is dead, i thought that Ivan the Boneless looked mint in that Chariot, i hope that becomes more of a feature in battle with him. I thought the last few episodes have shown the series can stay strong, at the end of the day it's backed by good writing, Hirst isn't going anywhere. If you can cast well then there's no reason it can't be good.

PS, that last scene was well shocking, even the human sacrifice earlier on in the episode i thought was pretty dark for Vikings.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is just something about the guy that plays Floki that just makes him appear so menacing, like he was born to play this role.

The look in his eyes when he was pacing out ahead of the army, that is one guy I would not want to be on the bad side of.

Soldato
There is just something about the guy that plays Floki that just makes him appear so menacing, like he was born to play this role.

The look in his eyes when he was pacing out ahead of the army, that is one guy I would not want to be on the bad side of.

Yes I thought that scene was awesome. A bit disappointed they didn't bother showing any of the battle though.

Associate
Wow...just wow, just saw ep9, plenty of battles in that :D, he who must not be named isn't such a great loss after all

Caporegime
Possibly one of the best ever TV series ever made, apart from one episode the islamic temple I've enjoyed all the rest, which is very rare for me to say so about TV eps :D

Even Spartacus wasn't this good

Associate
For some reason this show never made it on to my radar. Spartacus was one of my favorite shows over the past 10 years though. How does this compare? I have no prior knowledge of this other than it's about Vikings haha!

Back
Top Bottom