US: Vikings - anyone else watching this ?

Soldato
Another thing I really enjoyed about S3Ep1 was an extension of the use of subtitled Old English and Old Norse (The cart ride with King Egbert, Lagatha and Æthelstan) to emphasise the differences. I know they've used the language tool before but to have both languages being used at the same time with Æthelstan acting as mediary was really atmospheric.

I also love that if you listen carefully to both you can hear the language we speak today (If anyone ever gets a chance go to a Michael Wood lecture to hear this in it's most jaw dropping form, he's very good with Old English)

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Watched this back to back... season 1 was great, season 2 got confusing with the amount of kings, earls and princesses etc

They all looked the same in season 2 lol

Overall though vikings lacked the sparkle, some nice battle scenes and characters but it was a poor mans spartacus and an even poorer game of thrones. I also am not sure why the nudity was shown rarely and not fully, yet they were happy to show violence on a mass scale.

Season 3 is not vital for me to watch it imo but if I am bored may do:)

Associate
You might have been watching the US TV version - pretty much all the nudity is cut out of that. The full versions are usually 2-3 minutes longer than the US History channel version. I think the UK Amazon ones are uncut.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
You might have been watching the US TV version - pretty much all the nudity is cut out of that. The full versions are usually 2-3 minutes longer than the US History channel version. I think the UK Amazon ones are uncut.

oh boy had no idea lol

It did feel like much sex and violence was cut, can't be bothered to re-watch it.

Note for anyone else watching it make sure you watch the uncut versions.

Suspended
Latest episode was good. The traveller was clearly a God, but who?

When the woman went into the Lake and came up, why did the God appear to her a s a woman first, then the guy when she came up the 2nd time? And why didn't he just pull her out of the water rather than let her drown?

Soldato

When the woman went into the Lake and came up, why did the God appear to her a s a woman first, then the guy when she came up the 2nd time? And why didn't he just pull her out of the water rather than let her drown?

All the prayers made to the gods are through sacrifice, so maybe that's what that was?

Permabanned

The woman she saw was...

... her daughter Thyri who died in season 1.

Back
Top Bottom