Vince's Ebay Repair Thread - (Console Repairs & Mods)

Hey Vince,

Got a 1080Ti that's died, fans don't spin, no lights and touching the core when powered on, it's cold. Would you say this was a voltage regulator that's died? Worth a punt at trying to fix it?

It's a Gigabyte Aorus card

Last edited:
It's not that uncommon for replacement pots to be a bit crap, what are tye replacements you are using? You using alps or just whatever you can get your hands on?
I just bought a kit off amazon, I just fitted another one (was a pack of 2) to the other pad I bought and that one works fine, if you could pm me a link to the ones you buy that'd be good please.

On the calibration tool, with the not working controller, no movement whatsoever is detected when I move it, so it could just be a broken pot?

Last edited:
Hey Vince,

Got a 1080Ti that's died, fans don't spin, no lights and touching the core when powered on, it's cold. Would you say this was a voltage regulator that's died? Worth a punt at trying to fix it?

It's a Gigabyte Aorus card
Got a multimeter? If its a 12v short it's commonly a mosfet that's died.. you can test at the two 8 pins and at the 12v pci-e for a short...

Last edited:
I just bought a kit off amazon, I just fitted another one (was a pack of 2) to the other pad I bought and that one works fine, if you could pm me a link to the ones you buy that'd be good please.

On the calibration tool, with the not working controller, no movement whatsoever is detected when I move it, so it could just be a broken pot?

What are the pots in ps5 are they 10k like the xbox? Generally ill buy packs of 20 or 50 and I'll throw away 10% before even fitting.

Last edited:
What are the pots in ps5 are they 10k like the xbox? Generally ill buy packs of 20 or 50 and I'll throw away 10% before even fitting.
Err pass :cry: edit just bought a 10 pack of hall effect sticks, meant to be the best, pricier but hopefully worth it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom