Vince's Ebay Repair Thread - (Console Repairs & Mods)

should have guessed it was
for rare
they had an abit fatal1ty an8 sli from me
not long ago
and the point is its not thrown in the tip for
one thing
its great to see those old boards
brings back memories of overclocking on them :)

I love the retro stuff :D

Vince is an absolute legend for doing this work for me. I’ve tried to recap some boards in the past but just never ends well. Wish I had the ability as it would help me a lot with this hobby!

Thank you again Vince, I am so grateful the board looks amazing.

I will share pics when (eventually) it’s all put together.

Last edited:
I love the retro stuff :D

Vince is an absolute legend for doing this work for me. I’ve tried to recap some boards in the past but just never ends well. Wish I had the ability as it would help me a lot with this hobby!

Thank you again Vince, I am so grateful the board looks amazing.

I will share pics when (eventually) it’s all put together.

Gonna ship this back along with the retro case I mentioned and some CR2032 batteries for you. I bought what I thought was like 2 batteries and they sent 20 :D

Oh nice! That’s brilliant thank you. My lucky day :D

Pleasure, if you pop your addy to me in dm ill probably get it all packaged and sent tomorrow if I can find a box that will house that bad boy case. Super interested to see what you do with that, had a solid 15 years of service from that bad boy and you don't get classy cases like that any more.

You started a website yet @Vince ?

I have not. It's still my pet project :) - I still work full time in tech and dabble repairing stuff in the evenings/weekends to keep me entertained. I could easily kick something off I think as at times I turn quite a bit away. I keep getting close to buying some retail space and am always keeping my eye out for that right opportunity but then I keep bailing or double thinking, questioning myself. I guess when the time comes or when the right thing pops up ill know and who knows hopefully I will be in a position to move on it :)

If it comes my way at that age id probably swap out the battery from a random v2 shell as well if its never had a replacement - fwiw the v2 actually has the exact same battery and "improved battery" has actually nothing to do with the battery itself just lower power draw from its revised apu/board. It's basically a minor revision that has a lower power envelope.
Morning Vince, I've sent you a message mate.

Got bored at like 1:30am again... This time I did some more mods to my Game Gear!

You can buy these configs as a kit for a fair wack from say r6 or others but me? I just bought a few 104050 Lipo's and an 2S board and wired it all up :) Still got to tape up the 2S board etc but it works a charm :)

Last edited:
Huge auction coming up and im proper excited so much good and rare console stuff - ive put down bids on 16 lots!! It's a 2 day one so im taking a few days off work and hitting the toy auction :) - Time to have a clear out so I have plenty of cash on the day :D

Last edited:
So a dude on my discord reached out as was watching me play some CSGO - Wanted to do a trade, one of my knives for 3 switch lite consoles. It's my worst knife so I did it... I traded my huntsman for some real world things. The huntsman is cheap like £100 and I have several other knives including a £1000 ish talon so my as well let the imaginary item go for some real world things :) - I have about 200+ cases in my inventory also so I could just sell the cases and re-buy the knife if I really wanted lol.

Last edited:
That's a pretty great trade! Working Lites?

Of course not... :cry: all faulty but boxed and in great condition. I could make my money back easily just parting them out. for example an OG pulled lcd is £25 so £75 just in LCD's. Basically I am not all that fussed about a cosmetic in game item especially when I have a few :cry:

Of course not... :cry: all faulty but boxed and in great condition. I could make my money back easily just parting them out. for example an OG pulled lcd is £25 so £75 just in LCD's. Basically I am not all that fussed about a cosmetic in game item especially when I have a few :cry:
Was a great deal, swapping something digital for something physical. You'll also get the fun 9f fixing them up!!

Was a great deal, swapping something digital for something physical. You'll also get the fun 9f fixing them up!!

I wasn't even aware there was such a massive market around it. He has been trying his luck for my talon as well but its not for sale :cry: At least not yet anyway. Some of these cases are worth like a fiver each as well. Since he sent me the massages I've been having a look and it's crazy how much my inventory is worth. I've probably ever only opened about 20 crates since owning the game and done trade up contracts etc and somehow have a 4k inventory. At steam prices.

Last edited:
Virtual fart in a jar might sell on these shorting/fighting games.

Absolutely nuts.

If somebody wants to give me proper goods for something that doesnt really exist in the real world then I am game :D I have activated the guard thing so I can trade without 15 day delay then I shall start getting rid of what I can starting with hundreds of crates.

Last edited:
@Vince friends sons Gigabyte 3070 has had a small part fall of it, is this something you would potentially be able to help with?

Images in the link, let me know if doesn’t work.

Thanks ok advance

Back
Top Bottom