*****Virgin Australia Supercars Championship 2018*****

Soldato
OP
Been a bit busy with work, not feeling well and my nephew coming to visit but here we go:

Round 6 - Winton Supersprint (races 13 + 14)

WRco3zG.jpg YkYLW8p.jpg

Format is a supersprint so 120km on Saturday (40 laps) and 200km on Sunday (67 laps)

Very technical circuit that's easy on the tyres but can get quite slippy in places!

I've watched qualifying and race 1 and what a start to the weekend! :D

Associate
Superb weekends racing as per usual looked a bit cold and bleak UK weather. Super to see a Nissan winning, seemed they were all looking forward to the break been full on since the start let’s all look forward to and see what happens in Darwin .

Soldato
Just caught up, ok races, nothing spectacular! Just spotted new circuit on the calendar @ The Bend in a couple of rounds, sounds/looks like a great venue.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I always find Winton a bit naff. I'm guessing lack of overall speed and lack of tight and dangerous walls to fall foul of doesn't help. I thought I'd hate the Townsville circuit but it's brilliant!

Associate
Great first race from Darwin, Craig came home winner yet again he has awesome talent backed up by a strong team in Shell, nice to David Reynolds back up on the podium. Can’t see Whincup coming back from this now 888 will be concentrating on SVG I’m sure, will team play start coming into the equation, all to play for.

Soldato
OP
A bit late to the thread this time (blame God of War and Le Mans! :D ) but here we are with Round 7 - Hidden Valley, Darwin, Northern Territory:

xX3Perv.jpg

Cracking circuit and always produces excitement! :D

Soldato
Reynolds has completely changed his attitude now he's battling up at the front. Just compare his overtake at the start of Race 2 this weekend with what he did in Adelaide (giving up the lead to SVG).

Loving seeing the Nissans up front now. There are so many cars that can win races now rather than just DJR or RBR. Looking forward to Townsville in a couple of weeks :)

Soldato
Finally caught up with all the rounds, watched the last 6 over the weekend.

Some good races in there. Red Bull and Shell consistency is moving them forwards and looks like Coulthard is starting to get a bit of form back.

Shame Lowndes is stopping but what a second driver he'll be at the Enduros from next year! Can see him winning another Bathurst or two!

Soldato
OP
Phew! Thought I was the only one still watching!

A touch late but track map for Ipswich. Dull as ditchwater layout but some cracking racing here!

HDx0qy6.jpg

Still can't believe the shunt Caruso took at the end of Townsville race 2! :eek:

Ipswich was just awesome as always. Flat but great action and stunning shots of them running 1st - 18th 4 secs apart! :)

Associate
Super racing yet again from both Townsville and Ipswich.Craig Lowndes will be missed as he is still competing at the top of his game and a thoroughly decent guy too still as said he will be competing in the enduros. Watching this weekend thought some of the camera angles were awesome what a superb spectacle to watch, track racing at its best.

Associate
Re Saturdays spectacular night race seems on the forum a touch of controversy regarding the late safety car intervention Ford fans saying it gave the race away to the two Bulls and that the best drivers on the night came in 3rd 4th. Feel that all the top 10 drivers where superb. As for the intervention think the key was the fact that both bulls had a green set of tyres in hand for the final stint not sure that Scotty had, and would have eaten up the opposition safety car or not SVG was way ahead at the end, any thoughts.

Soldato
OP
Those red bulls were gonna chase him down no matter what and Scotty is poor under pressure imo.

Safety car was absolutely the right call though - can't have marshals just off line at the end of a 260kph straight!

Soldato
Ford have got to go away and figure out where they're losing time to the Red Bulls again. They closed the gap and it looks like it's opening back up again now. SVG seems to be able to keep his tyres in good condition for so much longer than anyone else.

Aaaanyway, that night race was epic. It's a pity that it was only a 1 race weekend.

I just found out that I'm away on Bathurst weekend. Wife said "I'm sure you can miss one race." Some people... :D

Back
Top Bottom