Virgin Media Broadband 20MB

Permabanned
allllec said:
I'm afraid if you check all the small print technically the £2 price rise is just a £2 price rise.. the 20meg upgrade is a FREE upgrade..

i know what it looks like but I'm afraid that's just the way it is.

ta

alec

Very sneaky! That schedule is almost useless. There are going to be lots of dissapointed people when they read that.

The letter i had through the post said that the price would go up £2 may 1st along side the 20meg upgrades.

It said nothing in the letter about "rolling out over a period of time"

Soldato
Hurley said:
Very sneaky! That schedule is almost useless. There are going to be lots of dissapointed people when they read that.

The letter i had through the post said that the price would go up £2 may 1st along side the 20meg upgrades.

It said nothing in the letter about "rolling out over a period of time"

indeed. suppose just covering themselves from the mob of angry customers who want 20mb! :o

Associate
Nice post Alec, thanks.

I'm a bit dissapointed "Cardiff to be confirmed"
never mind 10meg is better than dial-up, thats all my mate can get and he's less than 1/4 mile form where I am :D imagain going back to 56k on a good day :p

doggo

Associate
Blimey I'm having a right old nightmare today.
I've been on a very reliable 10meg connection, even yesterday all the speedtests (even speedtest.net) gave me a consistant 10meg. However this morning my cable modem reset and the config screen reported I'd been upgraded to 20meg.
Brilliant! Except I couldn't download anything faster than 3megs, speedtest, large files etc all gave me a maximum of 4meg (although I could upload at 750ish).

So I've called technical support five times today and been told a variety of things - one guy tried to reset the modem which resulted in me losing ALL connection - which another call fixed, but I'm still not getting any higher than 4meg :(

Every person I asked said that my NTL home 120 modem would be fine with 20 meg but right now I'd be happy getting my 10 meg connection back.

I suppose I should wait a day or so to see if things get any better, but this is disappointing to say the least as every previous speed upgrade has been completely hassle-free.

Soldato
Just upgraded my 4Mb to 10Mb and it's getting upgraded to 20Mb next month.

120254833.png

Speedtest shows 9.45 but I download at a solid 10.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah right, i get'cha

I might follow suite actualy.. how easy was it? did you just ring them up or did you use the autoregister site to do it?

Soldato
I was rather worried my modem might not be able to supply 20mb, on that list it says NTL200 for 10mb, doesnt mention any higher. I phoned VM and got put through to a tech guy, he said "It should work" he didnt fill me with confidence. He took my postcode and said I wasnt on 20mb yet (duh, already knew that) He said to check it in a few days and he said they would provide a newer modem if this one couldnt do 20mb.

Guess i'll just have to wait and see.

Soldato
mr_x_plosion said:
I was rather worried my modem might not be able to supply 20mb, on that list it says NTL200 for 10mb, doesnt mention any higher. I phoned VM and got put through to a tech guy, he said "It should work" he didnt fill me with confidence. He took my postcode and said I wasnt on 20mb yet (duh, already knew that) He said to check it in a few days and he said they would provide a newer modem if this one couldnt do 20mb.

Guess i'll just have to wait and see.

if it makes you feel any better, ive been running my ntl100 on 10mb since the rollout lol

Back
Top Bottom