Virgin Media Broadband 20MB

Soldato
The idea is the during "Peak time" the top 5% of users (who had down or up loaded 3GB) would have their connection automatically reduced to 5Mb for 4 Hours. This would then return to their normal (I guess 20Mb) connection after this time.

Permabanned
WOOOOOOOOOOT

On 20 Meg here, just 15 miles from Preston, shabba

getting 2.32 MB/s off gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk

untitledlf0.jpg

Linux file

Last edited:
Soldato
The idea is the during "Peak time" the top 5% of users (who had down or up loaded 3GB) would have their connection automatically reduced to 5Mb for 4 Hours. This would then return to their normal (I guess 20Mb) connection after this time.

omgosh. where did you get this information from?

Permabanned
Psypher5 said:
lmao, glad i got out now :)

It wasnt too bad on the trail, I was thinking wtf is going on with my connection but now I know I will just leave my server on at night, it wasnt too bad and its better than being shut down to unreasoable speeds.

telewest is still the best for speeds and service out there

Why am I always the bearer of bad news?

Subscriber traffic management has been implemented across the whole network, there will be defined download limits that when reached will halve the broadband speed for four hours.

The FAQ will be published tomorrow on the virginmedia website.

Permabanned
I'm on a WebSTAR DPX100 Modem so god knows what speeds this thing supports :p anyone have any idea on how good this modem is? it is pretty old now so ;p

Associate
AssaTM said:
I'm on a WebSTAR DPX100 Modem so god knows what speeds this thing supports :p anyone have any idea on how good this modem is? it is pretty old now so ;p

I'm on the same one too. Doubt it will have any effect on the speeds? No doubt someone will come in and give us the specs and stuff :p

Trafficing? Shouldn't be a problem for me really, doubt I've downloaded 3 gig in one night for a long time now, then again my internet is shared, dunno what my bro gets up to. Looks like I'll be pulling out his LAN cable every so often :D

Back
Top Bottom