Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Had to use the text service to speak to someone about moving my services due to a house move. Few hours waiting for a response but they called me not long after. Booked for 2 weeks time which isn't too bad considering COVID, they also without asking dropped my bill by £15 to keep the same speed.

Associate
Virgin have been digging up the roads here the past month with letter stating "Virgin media is coming".

I take it this still means I won't be guaranteed access to the Gig1 package when services such as M350 go live?

Soldato
I've never heard of it but my questions was what on earth is this retention by text LOL

@HEADRAT

Hi guys, just to clarify as it is confusing for me as it is for you but i did the hard work for us - if you are on an ultimate oomph bundle and you use the SMS text service, initially you are not put through to the retention team, you are put through to customer services and they can't help you.

Customer services are unable to process any renewal deals with regards to the Ultimate Oomph package - this also applies to whether you call them on a landline/mobile to speak to them verbally or, use the web help service or, contact customer services via the app.

Just to repeat - customer services are no good to you if you need to negotiate a new deal on the Ultimate Oomph package but they can (i am told) offer you rack deal pricing if you are on other, lower tier, packages.

What you need to do then, is when you contact customer services via the SMS text message service is ask to be put through to the VM retention team (via text message), this is the only team that can help you with Ultimate Oomph pricing/renewals. All this happens within the same SMS chat session and they will do something on their end to 'transfer' your SMS chat from customer services to renewals.

Renewals do not need to speak to you verbally to process a new deal/pricing for Ultimate Oomph it can all be done by SMS.

I saved 40% on my renewal cost by doing this so don't swallow the automatic renewal pricing on Ultimate Oomph.

Soldato
@HEADRAT

Hi guys, just to clarify as it is confusing for me as it is for you but i did the hard work for us - if you are on an ultimate oomph bundle and you use the SMS text service, initially you are not put through to the retention team, you are put through to customer services and they can't help you.

Customer services are unable to process any renewal deals with regards to the Ultimate Oomph package - this also applies to whether you call them on a landline/mobile to speak to them verbally or, use the web help service or, contact customer services via the app.

Just to repeat - customer services are no good to you if you need to negotiate a new deal on the Ultimate Oomph package but they can (i am told) offer you rack deal pricing if you are on other, lower tier, packages.

What you need to do then, is when you contact customer services via the SMS text message service is ask to be put through to the VM retention team (via text message), this is the only team that can help you with Ultimate Oomph pricing/renewals. All this happens within the same SMS chat session and they will do something on their end to 'transfer' your SMS chat from customer services to renewals.

Renewals do not need to speak to you verbally to process a new deal/pricing for Ultimate Oomph it can all be done by SMS.

I saved 40% on my renewal cost by doing this so don't swallow the automatic renewal pricing on Ultimate Oomph.

Does this work on any other package? Im on the package just below the Oomph

Soldato
@HEADRAT

They didn’t put me through to retentions via txt, they didn't offer and I didn't ask, they just sent

“You can call our Customer Service team on 150 from any Virgin phone or on 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.
First select option: 1 (for Virgin Media); followed by option: 1.
Monday to Sunday, 8AM to 10PM.”

I did this and got offered the square root of **** all ;) I'm hoping that I will get a call back within my 30 days now I've called into cancel, if not I'll get the Mrs to sign up (she kept her surname so not the same as mine) for M500.

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Does this work on any other package? Im on the package just below the Oomph

It should work, give it a try. If they try and fob
you off like headrat just remind them that you can’t get through on landline.

Fyi - i did actually try landline first but each call (two calls on two separate days at 10am during the week) timed out at the 2 hour 15 minutes mark so if the text message team ask you to call, explain to them that you can’t get through.

Permabanned
They didn’t put me through to retentions via txt, they didn't offer and I didn't ask, they just sent

“You can call our Customer Service team on 150 from any Virgin phone or on 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.
First select option: 1 (for Virgin Media); followed by option: 1.
Monday to Sunday, 8AM to 10PM.”

I did this and got offered the square root of **** all ;) I'm hoping that I will get a call back within my 30 days now I've called into cancel, if not I'll get the Mrs to sign up (she kept her surname so not the same as mine) for M500.

Thanks

Just bear in mind I was told you will have to wait 30 days afterwards and 30 days after you return the equipment to sign up again.

Soldato
I specifically asked them that as its my intention and thats what I was told. Though people seem to get told different things by different advisors.....

The sales process clearly states that within 30 days of disconnection you are considered to be an existing customer and don’t need to be credit checked. Good luck finding a commission based sales person who follows it. No time limit applies to a new customer signing up though, surname is also irrelevant.

Soldato
Got a text earlier for my move advising VM need to do external work before my move date and asked if it was ok, (it needs a cable running up to the property as it's not been connected before) don't recall getting that in the past when they've needed to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom